Natural yogurt or greek yogurt - dicsuss!

Options
2»

Replies

• ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I was eating a lot of Greek yogurt recently and just got tired of it so switched to different kinds. I like them all.
  • leahj15
    leahj15 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started eating greek yogurt along with regular yogurt. It was something different to try but it does take some getting used to.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I prefer greek yogurt for a couple reasons. First, twice the protein as regular yogurt. Second, I prefer the texture of greek yogurt. I buy plain greek yogurt, then add my own fruit and honey to it, as I avoid any processed foods. I also like greek yogurt to make tzaziki sauce and dressings. Also like it for smoothies.

Same. Smoothies, what a solid idea.
  • cohollywood
    cohollywood Posts: 90
    Options
    Greek yogurt for the win!! Has anyone tried these? Yum!

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-yasso-frozen-greek-yogurt-bars-i261494
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Greek- its the best- Fage Total 0% with lemon curd and some strawberries...

Or if youre from the UK because I dont think you have it in the US yet- Chocolate Philadeplhia in one of those 30g tubs, greek yogurt (Asda's own fat free greek style is good too) with strawberries or raspberries or some chopped up banana.....

omg- way better than ice cream :0)

I put it on salads too with a bit of lemon juice...... proper good !!!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have been eating natural, but think Im gonna switch now :) xxx
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Greek yogurt is much better for curries and other recipes that call for yogurt as well. Makes them thicker and easier to work with.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I try to buy greek whenever possible. However, my grocery store is always really busy, and usually sold out of greek. In this case I will buy natural yogurt. It's still better than the other regular types of yogurts even if its not as good as greek imo.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to try Greek yogurt, but the higher calorie content has dissuaded me from doing so. Are there any lower calorie Greek yogurts out there I should try?