help!!! i need advice on tiolet issues :/

Options
hi people im so sorry to be asking this but i really need some advice on "going regularly" im eating lots of fruit and veg but still only going maybe twice a week :(

Replies

• maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink 1/2-3/4 aloe vera juice every morning. It doesn't have much of a taste, so you can drink it plain, but I like to put a little juice in it or a splash of sugar free flavoring, like you put in coffees. Bonus: because of doing this daily for the last 4 months, I've been able to go off Prilosec. You can drink more in the evening if you need to. Hope this helps!
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Metamucil???? Also, I would encourage you to drink plenty of fluids, preferably water or natural juices instead of sodas. Good Luck!
  • Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try the Activia yogurt and some fiberone cereal (the honey squares are good and only 80 cal for 3/4 of a cup) and Fiber One also has good bars too!
  • leanne_bailey
    leanne_bailey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    alo vera juice??? where would a buy that lol
  • leanne_bailey
    Options
    Try the Activia yogurt and some fiberone cereal (the honey squares are good and only 80 cal for 3/4 of a cup) and Fiber One also has good bars too!
    im already tryin activia but no sucess yet lol :)
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? If you are consuming a lot of fibre you need to drink a lot of water as well or things won't run smoothly.

Depending on where you live you can buy something like benefibre. A probiotic suppliment has helped in the past for me as long as I take it each day.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, 8 full glasses per day or more. Eat some fiber, like All Bran cereal, Shredded Wheat n Bran, bran muffins, etc. Prunes or prune juice work wonders.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water.
    Sometimes if you are consuming a lot of dairy products, that can slow you down, too.
  • leanne_bailey
    Options
    How much water do you drink? If you are consuming a lot of fibre you need to drink a lot of water as well or things won't run smoothly.

Depending on where you live you can buy something like benefibre. A probiotic suppliment has helped in the past for me as long as I take it each day.
    thanks im going to go buy some benefibre today see if it helps me :)
  • Amommymoose
    Amommymoose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Even if you're drinking 8 glasses of water, you could need more. Everyone's body is different. Also, Activia may not have enough probiotics in it for your body. You can buy probiotics in the fridge section of a vitamin or natural foods store (like Whole Foods). Don't buy non-refrigerated probiotics. They're living things and need to be kept alive. :)
  • Bukeroo
    Bukeroo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I believe you can get aloe vera juice in the health food store.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Also you could try dried apricots...that will do it everytime for me. And like the others have said...lots and lots of water!!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have also seen the aloe vera at CVS. I am taking flax seed oil capsules to help with this very same problem. May have to think about the aloe vera too!
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I've noticed that high-fiber oatmeal helps a lot. I also started adding some type of bean to my meat/veggie combos and have been much more regular. 1 serving of beans contains half of your daily fiber requirements according to the package.
  • mmc71
    mmc71 Posts: 1
    Options
    If those things dont work for you and you think you need something a little stronger, miralax is a tasteless powder you can put in basically anything that helps. You can do it once or even a couple times a day. Also if you really find yourself in a bind, (this will not regulate you, but will help if your feeling uncomfortable) try drinking magnesium citrate its sold at any drug store.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Be sure to consume a small amount of oil every day...at least 2 teaspoons and preferably a heart healthy oil such as canola or olive oil. Also, add some nuts or seeds. These contain heart healthy fats too.

A certain amount of oil keeps the digestive track well lubricated.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

thanks im going to go buy some benefibre today see if it helps me :)

Give it a few days and you should notice a difference. Start with small amounts and slowly increase as it can cause bloating. Benefibre and probiotics have done wonders for me.