Egg Salad Idea

Options
mmartiandt
mmartiandt Posts: 17 Member
Today, I decided I wanted egg salad, but didn't want to use mayo or yogurt. It just didn't sound appealing. So I decided to use cottage cheese instead. It was delicious!!!! I just thought I would share for anyone who might be interested in new ways to have egg salad.

Replies

• OnlyGrace
    OnlyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I will be trying that tomorrow!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    yum! mashed up avocado is good too!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I often do just a smidge of mayo and the rest mustard...my dad used to do mayo, mustard, and salsa, mmmmmm
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I do this too :) I also add in a 1/2 tsp of flaxseed.
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good tip, I'll have to try that!
  • mmartiandt
    mmartiandt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ohh, I am going to have to try the avocado. I didn't even think of that. Yum!!!
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do this too :) I also add in a 1/2 tsp of flaxseed.

What do you do with flaxseed? do you boil it? idk have never had it.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I will definitely have to try that!!

And the avocado idea! :)
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's funny because I had something similar today. I used two eggs, a can of chicken and a tbsp of sweet relish, smashed it all together.
  • kkleesmama
    kkleesmama Posts: 13
    Options
    That sounds amazing! Thank you!
  • jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    Options
    bump
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't like avocado :( Do you really taste it? I would think maybe you can mix mayo and yogurt so you still have that bit of tang? I always use mustard as well, so maybe yogurt and mustard?

Also - BUMP.
  • jformanek
    jformanek Posts: 3
    Options
    I tried it with greek plain yogurt the other day and hated it. I will have to try cottage cheese. I also like mixing cottage cheese and greek yugurt for a creamier and higher protein snack.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I love egg salad but stay away from it because of cal. How much cottage cheese do you use?
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I love cottage cheese. I have used mustard and Tzatziki sauce and that is delicious too. The Tzatziki sauce from Costco only has 25 calories per tablespoon.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    That's funny because I had something similar today. I used two eggs, a can of chicken and a tbsp of sweet relish, smashed it all together.

Sorry, canned chicken??!!? This exists? :sick:
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    With regards to the post about the flaxseed, make sure you ground it fresh everytime you use it. If you sprinkle it on your food whole, it will basically pass right through you. It will come out the same way it went in. I have a coffee grinder that I use for flaxseeds and spices. :-)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

Sorry, canned chicken??!!? This exists? :sick:

yes. It is near the tuna in my local stores. I personally only use it for one specific recipe, and i only get the white meat chicken....