HRM advice anyone?

Options
shae_jo
shae_jo Posts: 15 Member
Hi guys, any of you use a heart rate monitor to track your calories? I am looking to buy one, so which one works for you the best?

I don't really like wearing chest straps as I'm pretty busty so is it still accurate if I just use the watch?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The chest strap goes under your ladies, not around them. I've got a pretty good shape up there, and the chest strap has never bothered me.
    In my opinion, you need a chest strap, or it's not really any better than using an MFP estimate....which can be way off.

I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. I feel it's pretty accurate and I like the features (holds data from my last 10 workouts, easy to update, etc).
  • shae_jo
    shae_jo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The chest strap goes under your ladies, not around them. I've got a pretty good shape up there, and the chest strap has never bothered me.
    In my opinion, you need a chest strap, or it's not really any better than using an MFP estimate....which can be way off.

I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. I feel it's pretty accurate and I like the features (holds data from my last 10 workouts, easy to update, etc).

Aaah thanks, I have been seeing good reviews about the Polar ones esp the FT4 and 7. Another question, does the strap have a habit of straddling down?
  • Flaming_Reef
    Flaming_Reef Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nope, the HRM strap never slides down on me. It's pretty grippy especially when you start to sweat. I wear it directly below my sports bra.
  • katmont
    katmont Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I do Billy Banks Tae Bo and the chest strap dont move
  • katmont
    katmont Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    me too :)
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I LOVE it! The strap stays put and once I start working out I forget that its even there.
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar (I think the F4). The check strap is very comfortable. Sometimes I forget I have it on and will wear it all day. It's adjustable so as you lose weight you can tighten it. I love mine.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if either of those can be used while swimming, I am having trouble finding something that is considered waterproof and reliable in the water?
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    The FT4 is suppose to be waterproof to a certain level.

Just checked and its 30m

http://www.polar.fi/en/products/get_active/fitness_crosstraining/FT4