Gaining again...

Options
Well I was starting off good. Lost 12lbs. Now I've gained back 5lbs. :ohwell: I am doing the Slim Fast shake mix with 2% milk. I've decided to start doing two shakes a day instead of one. What is your input on this?

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast shakes are all right, I guess, but real, whole foods are better. Better nutrition, more filling, just all-around good for you. Why not make a smoothie with fruits, vegetables, and yogurt/milk instead? Or just eat real, good food?
  • vlarr87
    vlarr87 Posts: 11
    Options
    I can't afford all the stuff for smoothies lol. I'm on a very low budget. And eating healthier isn't always cheaper. My dinner will be my real food.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Buying "all the stuff" for smoothies is much cheaper and better for you than slim fast.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'd go bonkers, but then again I like to chew. Can you do that for the rest of your life? I understand one a day if you just don't have time to plan a meal, but if you gain everytime you go off of it, it isn't working. You need to find portions and foods you enjoy and can live with long term. I do eat protien bars for breakfast almost everyday, but it fits me & my schedule so it works, I also drink shakes, but typically in addition to meals on days that I workout as a means to meet my protien requirements while stayiing within my caloric limits. Good luck!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Buying fresh, whole foods is always cheaper than buying pre-packaged, already-processed stuff. Believe me. It doesn't seem like it, I know, but you get a lot more mileage out of a bag of produce than you do out of a 6-pack of Slim Fast, especially if you buy what's in season and/or on sale. Sometimes frozen fruits and veggies are cheaper than the fresh stuff, so always check out that section of the store too. But make sure you're comparing by weight, not volume. Apples are generally super cheap, and full of good nutrition. So are salad greens. No excuses! If you just WANT to drink the Slim-Fast instead of making food, that's your choice, but own it. It's not cheaper. It's just easier.
  • vlarr87
    vlarr87 Posts: 11
    Options
    yea it's a lot easier on my time schedule. shakes in the am and for lunch is ok with me. until i can at least get down more lbs... it's only $5 for a half month supply. compared to that price for a couple days. the thing is i get filled up with slim fast. but smoothies don't exactly fill me up. idk to each their own. thanks for the pointers!!