Good low carb options?

Options
I seem to eat a ton of carbs in my diet. Unfortunately I can't eat a lot of meat to fill me up as I have a digestive disease that makes most meat hard to consume. What other options are filling, but low carb for you?

Replies

• romoli
    romoli Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What about nuts? I love nuts. Peanuts, while not actually nuts, have a lot of health benefits too. The vitamins in peanuts help maintain healthy skin, and hair, as well as healthy muscle tone. The potassium in peanuts helps regulate the body's water levels and the normal metabolism of food, which prevents cramping, especially during a workout.

You also don't have to worry that eating peanuts will override all those sweaty hours you're putting in at the gym: peanuts are not as fattening as you think: 85% of the fat in peanuts is unsaturated fat, and 50% of this fat is monounsaturated fat, which helps clear the blood of the "bad" LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, making your arteries cleaner, and lowering your risk of heart disease.

Read more: http://uk.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_100/100_eating_well.html#ixzz1v2rgJXdz
  • jennmetz
    jennmetz Posts: 20
    Options
    Mushrooms, protein supplements (whey, vegan), nuts, nut-butters, some grains (quinoa, millet), Greek yogurt!
  • jennmetz
    jennmetz Posts: 20
    Options
    Oh-yeah - google PB2! It's a Peanut Butter Powder that has all the protein of peanuts, but non of the fat!
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nuts are so calorie intense though, I mean just a few are fine but I have trouble with just a few, I like lots :( so for the most part I avoid them cuz it's hard to get them in without leaving myself hungry cuz I have used up all my cals)
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh-yeah - google PB2! It's a Peanut Butter Powder that has all the protein of peanuts, but non of the fat!

Ooo that sounds good.. :)
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am actually not supposed to eat nuts, but I love peanut butter. I have heard good things about the peanut butter powder. will have to look into that.