Victorious Victoria Day Challenge -- April 23rd

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
One month from now, I'll be on the beach. I was hoping to be closer to my goal by then, but I'll get there eventually. I can't decide if I should cut about 50-100 calories a day, just to get ready for vacation. 2 pounds a month can seem really slow sometimes - especially when the scale is stuck for a while.

Still sore from class on Monday - push-ups & lunges I think. Guess I'll skip strength training today since I don't think you should work a sore muscle. Guess it will be elliptical and yoga class.

Yesterday was a walk. Ran out of time to go to the gym. Did a bunch of yard work as well.

My husband noticed my forearms yesterday - I think he was jealous :laugh:

Here's to great workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    One month from now, I'll be on the beach. I was hoping to be closer to my goal by then, but I'll get there eventually. I can't decide if I should cut about 50-100 calories a day, just to get ready for vacation. 2 pounds a month can seem really slow sometimes - especially when the scale is stuck for a while.

Still sore from class on Monday - push-ups & lunges I think. Guess I'll skip strength training today since I don't think you should work a sore muscle. Guess it will be elliptical and yoga class.

Yesterday was a walk. Ran out of time to go to the gym. Did a bunch of yard work as well.

My husband noticed my forearms yesterday - I think he was jealous :laugh:

Here's to great workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is once again BL power sculpt.

Yesterday I went for my first run/walk. OK, so my heart rate skyrockets during even a light jog. A lot. I glanced down once and started walking immediately because I was up to 195. So, I might just concentrate on brisk walking, or shorter jogs. The good news is, I burned 350 calories in 42 very pleasant minutes outdoors on a well-kept trail. Now that spring is apparently actually here, I might start doing this once a week.

Also, this was the first time I've ever gone out for my workout in a tank top. I used to wear my warm-up jacket all the time (even in the dead of summer) because I was ashamed of my arms, so this was a major NSV for me. I had fun looking down at my shadow and noticing the definition in my upper arms.

Also, I'm seriously considering housing my HRM in some sort of shrine or altar. I love that thing! I wish I'd bought it a year ago. I weighed in yesterday, and I am holding steady at my fantasy dream goal weight of 135. I credit Jillian and Bob.:tongue:
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    Options
    The same with me..also exactly one month from now till vacation.. Miami..

I hope I will made it below 130.. but I am not sure..
    I weight last week and after a weekend with BBQ and Pizza I dont wanna know my name to get disappointed.

Besides that I was running sunday and monday, did a lot of push ups on sunday..still habe sore muscles and will go running today and tomorrow again after my "break" yesterday.

So maybe I am gonna weight myself on saturday morning *g*
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi all! Yet another nice day here in New York. We just got back from a 30 minute power walk-I walked & the kids rode. It's good motivation to move right along. I also did Hip Hop Abs again.

I've decided during this last month til the end of the challenge to try & stay away from condiments. I would really like to get used to the taste of food without them.

I'm with ya at the beach, Mary. My new suit is here & hanging in my bedroom all ready to go!
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies... Happy Tuesday...
    Yesterday's plan didn't quite work out... but that's ok because life happens and things change... I did however get plenty of exercise and stay under my cals for the day... I am really feeling good...

Today's plan
    Exercise...
    20min warm up walk at 3mph
    30min circuit training (I love Jillian)
    45min walking the dog at 4mph... almost jogging and boy does she love it...:bigsmile:
    30min light house work...

Menu
    pre workout... oatmeal
    post workout... protein shake
    lunch... turkey sandwich and salad
    pre class snack... raw veggies, cheese and dip
    dinner... baked chicken with rice and a salad (didn't get to eat this last night... not enough hours in the day sometimes)

My Day...
    Work out
    Eat
    Clean
    Homework
    Sleep

Have a wonderful day Ya'll
    Jenn
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Jenn

Please tell me it's not Tuesday again...:noway:
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Jenn

Please tell me it's not Tuesday again...:noway:

Oops... It would appear that I am loosing days as well as weight... sorry about that ladies... it indeed appears to be wednesday... :blushing:

Jenn
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Had a great upper body session in the weight room. Then did a couple miles on the track. Tomorrow is interval day... and my lil one's second birthday! Yipee :happy:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Well pretty good day today walked first thing 45 mins brisk up and down hills then walked my son to school another 30 mins then did my core secrets DVD 45 mins total body.

My daughter had her second eye test this afternoon and it didn't go well she hates them shining the lights in her eyes which is a bit of a problem and now they want her to go under to be asleep for the test to save stressing her out (never mind stressing me out) so we are on a waiting list.

Didn't feel like eating much for dinner just some soup and a cookie may get a bite in a bit but I am feeling worried my daughter plus the dog is at the vets for a check up again tomorrow so that is stressing me out especially as she is staring to lose control of her bladder so I don't expect good news probably not going to get much sleep tonight may have a glass os wine to help me relax as I have plenty of calories left over.\

Hope everybody had a good day.
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I am just beginning the challenge todays as I seem to keep missing the start dates...viviakay meantion this was still running and I coud jump in..so:

*jumps in"

From what I know it is about making exercise part of our daily routine...do I need to know anything else?

My current start weight is 148.8... I haven't really got a targert just to get excercising and stay motivated!!!