9/21 start for C25K

Options

Replies

• malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I chugged my way through last night. The third to last 'jog' I walked- but I increased the treadmill incline to make up for it. My two biggest issues are: breathing, and 'the girls' (is that THREE issues?? :blushing: )
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I chugged my way through last night. The third to last 'jog' I walked- but I increased the treadmill incline to make up for it. My two biggest issues are: breathing, and 'the girls' (is that THREE issues?? :blushing: )

Well, I don't have "the girls" issue, but I do have the breathing issue. Always have. I know i breathe wrong, but it shouldn't be that I get so winded after that little time of running. Maybe I'm just way out of shape. Well, I know I am, but that far?
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I finally got a run in last night and it felt great
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I finally got a run in last night and it felt great

Awesome!!

I am doing day 2 tonight - at least that's the plan. I just hope its not too hot or doesn't rain. I'll take the rain over the heat though.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join all of you too, and I actually did my first day today on the treadmill. I'm hoping to actually get these runs in after work so I can run outdoors. Just way to dark this morning to attempt running again. :wink: Friday will be my day 2.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gawd my quads are toast!

(squats this am could have contributed to that too.)
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3 week 2...the last minute and a half of running is the worst...think i might to any extra day for this week just to make sure I am ready for week 3!!!:grumble:
  • denise5374
    Options
    Did day 2 week 1 last night. I did better than the first time and was able to run 3 1/2 of the running intervals. My technigur has gotten a little better too.

I get pains in my outside shin area after walking/running for a while.....don't know what they are.

Day 3 is Friday.:noway:
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    While I am ahead of the group I thought I would stay in touch on this anyway to keep me going! I completed Week 4 Day 2 this morning and thought I was going to die. The last run was a killer but I fought through and did it. Everyone doing this stick with it you will be amazed at what you can do if you push yourself. I never thought I could keep pace with the program this far. Plus I feel great after I cool down.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 week 1 last night. I did better than the first time and was able to run 3 1/2 of the running intervals. My technigur has gotten a little better too.

I get pains in my outside shin area after walking/running for a while.....don't know what they are.

Day 3 is Friday.:noway:

I'm with you there i do day three tommorrow too and i also get the shin pains, someone said something about the shoes you use, its more of a muscle ache with me but i thought i would just run through it. its been a while since i ran anywhere lol.

Im really pleased with the calorie burn though, its great, and its only week one. looking forward to week two already. feeling quietly confident.:blushing:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am going to try to get in an other run tonight but I am exhausted after a restless night because my hurt Dh was in the bed and I was trying not to bump into him.:yawn:
  • iplayoutside19
    Options
    For me the hardest run is the middle two.

The last one I usually sell out because it's the last one.
  • ChibiChi
    ChibiChi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know y'all are a little ahead but I would like to join you. I've been looking at the couch to 5k for awhile now, just didn't want to start by myself.
  • JapaneseAngel27
    Options
    Got through Week 1: Day 2 yesterday! I've been running on the treadmill b/c the weather's been sketchy (rainy and thunderstorms) so hopefully I'll get out on the road next week. I did skip the second to last run b/c my headphone cord got tangled and I ended up dropping my iPod. :angry: Luckily, the only thing broken was my stride. :happy: Tomorrow is Day 3 and looking like another treadmill day. Thinking ahead to next week, can anyone tell me whether or not the transition from treadmill to road is difficult?
  • denise5374
    Options
    Made it through week 1 day 3 last night still making little progress.....the great news is I lost 2 pounds this week!!! will probably repeat week i again.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    week 2 day one today. all was fine until the last run i did 60 secs of it instead of the full 90 but i feel like wednesday will be better. time for dinner now.
    hope everyone else is doing ok. i think its an excellent program. my only problem is i run outside and im never sure how far to run before i turn back to come home. today i ended up jogging circles round my house to finish the warm down ha ha,
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Got my first week of running done! Since I started the first run on Wednesday, I did have to double up on the days, so I ran on Friday and Saturday. So I will be starting week 2 today when I get home from work.

JapaneseAngel: Not going to lie to you, doing an outdoor run will challenge your legs in a different way. Your legs will probably feel more tired afterward, and if it is hot or very windy it will affect how your run will go. BUT running outdoors is so much fun vs. the TM. I do both, and I enjoy the outdoors much more. :wink:
  • iplayoutside19
    Options
    For the people having trouble breathing go see a Doctor. I have had asthama since I was a child. I don't always need my inhaler to run or work out, but when I do I'm glad I have it.

I did W2D1 yesterday. I didn't run as strong as I would have liked, but that's to be expected with the new run/walk schedule. I did an out and back on a dirt road. The out part was into the wind, the back was with a tailwind. I didn't realize how much resistance the wind was providing until I turned around.

As far as timing. I turn around at 10 minutes, so what if you walk an extra five minutes back to your house or car.

I kept thinking during the run yesterday: "Good Lord, I'm eventually going to do this for a half hour" But I thought about it some more and decided the program is designed a certain way for a reason. So this week I'm going to worry about a 1.5 minutes at a time.
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 day 1 today...it flew past! I found running for the minute and a half harder than the 3 minute run...or maybe i was just in deeper thought I wasn't watching the time as much!:ohwell: Looking forward to day 2 I think I finally have my breathin in check!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    What a great run I had, even though I had to use my treadmill. It was pouring rain, windy and cold. I just don't need to put myself through a run in those conditions. :wink: Tomorrow is supose to be better as far as the weather, so I'm hoping to get outdoors again.