Zumba Success Stories?

Options
Am thinking about trying Zumba.. anyone with a success story to share?

Replies

• tryshaantonelli
    tryshaantonelli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Zumba is amazing! I always hated the gym, hated exersice, but then i tried zumba. it really is like a party. you know your getting a work out because your sweating buckets, but its sooooo fun! and anyone can do it. you don't really need coordination. just keep moving until you get the feet right, then add the arms once your comfortable. but you really can't do it wrong. I even like to "zumba" in my chair at work.
  • csulier
    csulier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would highly reccommend Zumba. I love it. I had a baby 18 months ago and lost the majority of the weight except the dreaded last 10 pounds. I've been doing Zumba for 1 month and have already lost a couple inches from my baby pooch! It's great, fun and the time flies!
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    was it hard to start? a lot of zumba classes in my area are at least an hour long, and im worried about not beong able to keep up!
  • shay0119
    shay0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great workout. Just do what you can. Your body eventually adjusts and you have so much fun! You will forget it's "work"
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have found when I choose an exercise that I actually enjoy - dancing is one of them---then I will stick with it. Try it..you might like it. I have easily burned up to 700 calories (using an HRM) during a 50 min Zumba session. Great burns with Zumba!
  • hikerchic
    hikerchic Posts: 23
    Options
    I am about 90 overweight. I started doing Zumba on my xbox in Feb. I am pretty coordinated and it was easy to pick up the steps. In only a month I found I was able to do even more of the steps as I got into better shape. There are a few steps I have been "doing my own thing" with because I find it too hard to do at my size, but even that is getting better. If you keep at it, you will notice that even though you are overweight still you are in much better physical condition for exercising. The first few workouts may be tough, but don't give up. It will be hard to anyway because it is addicting! You are going to love it!
    And Yes...the burn is way encouraging!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HikerChic, I totally agree! I started doing Zumba back in October. I was totally lost at first. Now I know most of the routines. And we have switched about three times. I love doing Zumba. It doesn't at all feel like a workout. But at the end I am sweating buckets full.
  • saral8981
    saral8981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I am going to get a dvd or game and start that way, so at least ill know some beginner moves before i go to a class

Thank you! :wink:
  • JBorg039
    JBorg039 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm telling you right now, Zumba ROCKS. It's a fun way to lose your weight. I found this after I purchased mine but you can get it cheaper here - http://www.fatcuda.com/fitness/reviews/zumba-fitness-total-body-transformation-system-dvd-set-review/