Posting my first NSVs!

Options
nikig7
nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
I always enjoy reading people's NSVs...it's so awesome the way people can celebrate the "intangible" but really meaningful stuff that makes this journey so worthwhile...so I decided to join that group today :-)

1. I went to the gym last night even though my husband was tired and decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go

2. I got through my workout...(lol)...500 ab-twists, 200 outer leg press thingy's, 150 leg extensions, 140 upper thigh workout thingy's (ok I really should learn the right names for these exercises lol)...and a total of 17 mins on the treadmill (jogged for 6 mins straight too!!!)

3. I tried on a dress this morning which I wore for a wedding in March (and plan to wear again this Sat for another one) and hubby said "your arms got a little smaller u know"...and u know what....I honestly AGREE with him...I really think i'm seeing a difference...albeit small one

4. I drank something like TWELVE 8oz cups of water yesterday!!!

So those are my little victories for today...still a LOT to work on and still a LONGGGG way to go...but I decided to "sweat the small stuff" this morning :-).

Have a great day!!

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I found time to jump on my mini trampoline last night even though it was time to put my son to bed and the day was coming to a close... making time for ME was a priority! That's as close to an NSV that I can come so far today :flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Your awesome commitment is showing! You really should be proud!!!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement u guys! :blushing:
  • nikig7
    Options
    Sounds like an NSV to me! :-)
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That was a bunch of NSVs! Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    "thingy" is a GREAT word :) Congrats on your accomplishments!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Those are all nice NSV's!!!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Those are great NSV way to go keep up your great work
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I think sometimes the NSV can be more motivating and positive than the scale moving. Although I know we all still love to see the scale move.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It's great to celebrate NSVs - no matter how small. Every day you meet your calorie goal, every day you stick to your exercise habit - is a small victory in itself. Keep collecting those victory points, and you get to trade them in for BIGGER victories - looser clothes, more energy, and higher self-esteem.

Keep up the fantastic work!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Sounds like you are off on the right track. And you are winning the battle of the mind :). Of course the body changes are a plus too. Bet you will look awesome in that dress for the wedding. Congrats.
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!