Sisters comment that meant so much!

Options
mgs68pony
mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
While at a family gathering at the lake, instead of sitting around just eating.....I decided to take a few laps around the camping loop. My sister decided she would join me. Now to preface this story my sister was a four year letterman in high school and a state competitor for track and cross country running all four years as well. I was not and never will be an athelete. haha

As we were walking she tells me that for the first time and something she never thought she would have to say to me....."you are in better shape than me for the first time in my life!" I know that doesn't soudn like a big deal, but to me it meant the world.

I have never been in shape and for her to notice all the hard work I have been doing, brought tears to my eyes. We have a close family member who took the easy way out, diet pills and expensive plastic surgery. My sister also told me she was so proud of me for doing this the old fashioned and hard work....... way of transforming my body and my life!

I was so excited to have her notice and congratulate me on my hard work!

Replies

• Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awww it's definitely different to hear it from a sister. I have 3 of them, which are all of state, so I can't wait until the next time we get together and I have them say that to me!
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Really happy for you , I have a sister and I have always been the 'smaller' one. My sister has recently lost 15lbs with MFP and I am so proud and happy for her. She looks so great and she looks so much happier and healthier. You should be proud of yourself , keep up the good work x:flowerforyou:
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and very touching. Keep up the great job!
    My sister who is a personal trainer and fitness instructor has been pushing me for years to get it together. I never did, until now. It finally clicked and I'm on the right track to living a healthier lifestyle.
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just got a tears in my eyes - beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Great story! It's nice when others notice, especially those we really care about. Way to go.
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    I just got a tears in my eyes - beautiful! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! This is how it made me feel!
  • csnooks82899
    csnooks82899 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet. And it really does make it so much nicer to hear when it comes from someone who really loves and cares about you because you know they are proud of you.

At Easter my niece said to me, "Aunite, you look so different, GOOD different, but different." I knew that was her way of saying she noticed but did not to imply I have heavy before, know what I mean. It means a lot.

Keep up the great work!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like hearing it from someone who knows and loves you like a sister...thanks for sharing your story.
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    Thanks you guys! It was and still is an amazing feeling!
  • natsladybug
    natsladybug Posts: 10
    Options
    That is so cool to hear from your sister. It's nice to know that she is noticing the hard work and dedication you are putting into your journey. Keep up the good work.
  • kristinakingsley
    Options
    I know how you feel with this one. I have 3 older sisters and i have always been one of the bigger ones and recently the biggest out of the 4 of us. I have been working really hard on exercise and weight loss over the past few months. We were all together this past weekend and they told me how good I looked and they wished they had the motivation that I did to get in shape. They have told me that I am an inspiration to them when they see how good I am doing. It means alot to the baby sister to be an inspiration to her older sisters. Keep up the good work!!!
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So nice! I know that had to make you feel good!!
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    I know how you feel with this one. I have 3 older sisters and i have always been one of the bigger ones and recently the biggest out of the 4 of us. I have been working really hard on exercise and weight loss over the past few months. We were all together this past weekend and they told me how good I looked and they wished they had the motivation that I did to get in shape. They have told me that I am an inspiration to them when they see how good I am doing. It means alot to the baby sister to be an inspiration to her older sisters. Keep up the good work!!!

Congrats on journey as well!
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    That is so sweet. And it really does make it so much nicer to hear when it comes from someone who really loves and cares about you because you know they are proud of you.

At Easter my niece said to me, "Aunite, you look so different, GOOD different, but different." I knew that was her way of saying she noticed but did not to imply I have heavy before, know what I mean. It means a lot.

Keep up the great work!

It is amazing for others to notice! Congrats on your hard work as well!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I kind of yearn for the positive attention like you got from your sister from my sisters. They're not bad people by any means, but instead of saying, "hey, you've lost weight! you look good!" they'll instead say, "you're wasting away... eat more!"

I finally broke down to my younger sister who was saying stuff like that on her vacation to come visit me last month. She's since passed me up in weight and is just as unhappy as I am, but has an excuse for everything. I told her I would not go out to eat or binge eat with her because I'm fed up with being fat and unhealthy. It was a very stressful point in time for both of us, but I think she understands and now she's started working out too.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    THAT'S HUGE!!! What do you mean it's not a big deal? Yes it IS! Hubby said that to me when we went our Rollerblading the other day and he couldn't keep up with me... I smiled for days after that!

CONGRATS!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Beautiful story nice to her something good from your sister:)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Ahh, that's a really nice thread topic :-) I'm seeing my sisters this weekend and was 25lbs heavier when they last saw me so I'm wondering whether they'll notice. I've still got a long way to go!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    How sweet! Im so happy for you!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Aww this brought tears to me eyes a little bit. :blushing:

That's an amazing compliment as well as an amazing achievement. Kudos to you for putting in the hard work to get where you are. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!