What positive changes have you noticed in yourself

Options
Just thought I would asok everyone to reflect on the positive changes they have made since beginning their journey to becoming healthier and happier. So, what POSITIVE changes have you noticed? Could be anything, from drinking more water to eating less sweets. I myself have...

Started drinking more water.
crave less sweets (I treat myself within reason)
I WANT to workout!
I eat breakfast everyday
I go to bed at a reasonable time... most of the time
I wake up refreshed even if I go to bed late
I am overall a much happier person!

Replies

• Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My depression symptoms are fading and I'm not as overwhelmed as I used to be. Things are so much better!
  • jensterx3
    jensterx3 Posts: 21
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of positive changes :) first off, my mood is always elevated after a work out. I have depression and anxiety so sometimes I put off working out because I just feel crappy, but if I push myself to do it, usually I not only end up enjoying it but I really feel good about myself. :D my confidence has increased and I feel more in tune with my body and energy.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink more water, and I feel better in general.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My knees don't hurt anymore :)
    I don't crave sweets almost at all
    "Real" soda tastes yucky! Used to be my other lover!
    Confidence? Yeah, it's getting up there!
    I feel more comfortable! Just sitting here, I don't feel like I have to readjust as much as I used to to get comfy!
    FOOD NO LONGER RULES MY LIFE! I do!
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Less of a craving for sweets and alcohol and more energy and stamina in the bedroom. ::wink wink::
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am happier
    I have a more positive outlook on life
    My bloodwork numbers are now amazing!:)
    I can wear smalls again.
    I am more confident than I ever thought I could be(not a bad thing)
    I no longer feel like I am depressed.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I drink a LOT more water and cut out almost all soda.
    My depression isn't as overwhelming as it used to be.
    Even though I have PCOS, I'm still managing to lose weight.
    I started running and actually enjoy it. (I ran 3 minutes straight twice yesterday which is huge for me)
    I've finally realized that this isn't an all-or-nothing way of life, that I can have what I want and still be healthy.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm not as lazy! When I go a little over my calories I actually feel kind of bad.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am happier.....I am starting to gain a bit of confidence....I don't have as much anxiety (which was stemming from being overweight and worrying about having a heart attack or something like that)...I LOVE to workout....I don't feel tired when I wake up, I feel ready for the day and ready to go to the gym :)

I LOVE vegetables and fruit...I don't crave junk food as much, yes I still eat a little here and there but to me it's kinda gross, that goes for fast food as well..

I feel great :)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    More energy
    drinking a lot more water
    I have to tighten my belt to keep my pants from falling down
    sleeping a lot better
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SOOO much more energy, I wake up at about 7am now all on my own with no alarm clock and I feel completely rested :]
    and I love working out now- I hate going a day without it!
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Less depressed, not sick all the time, I can work 12 hours days now, more confident, I crave healthy food now, I love working out, I started dating again and I can do anything I put my mind to.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    No more depression.
    I crave workouts.
    I like the curves appearing on my arms.
    I look wicked in heels. (now when am I gonna wear 'em?)
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add I need a belt sometimes :laugh:
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I WANT to go outside and go walking or ride a bike.
    Some of my clothes are looser.
    I feel a little bit more confident.
    I drink a LOT more water than I did last year.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Lovely topic.

- greater confidence. I'm still a little shy at times, but that's because I'm bloody shy - not because I feel like I'm the fat girl who should be seen (hopefully in a flattering light) and not heard

- more energy. I used to get a mid-afternoon slump without fail. Now I only get it if I've had a late night, and even then it's nowhere near as bad.

- yup, brekkie every day. I love Weetabix more than life itself...sort of.

- improved mood. I've always been a happy-go-lucky sort, but now I'm Pollyanna v.2.

- I treat my body with a bit more respect, as opposed to battering it into submission with a Greggs Sausage and Bean Melt. I perceive is as not necessarily something of beauty (got too much of a pooch to confidently make that statement...), but it's something that works bloody hard, is a work in progress, something that can pay me back if I treat it right.*

- basically, going to class every day means I see my best friends on a daily basis. I feel like a five-year-old again wherein going to school was amazing for that very reason - exercise is now this x100, as not only do I get to spend time with the people I love but I get to work out, get my endorphin hit and get all sweaty and gross. I love it.

* yeah, but come Friday nights I apply duck enchiladas to my face and really DO NOT CARE.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Great thread, inspiring to hear everyone's positive changes.
    I agree about it helping with mood and sleeping and rest.
    I'm excited about cooking and even enjoy food shopping, which I never did before.
    I like getting dressed in the morning.
    Wearing a belt for the first time ever!
    Wearing jewlrey and feeling feminine, instead of trying to hide myself in hoodies.
    I feel bouncy. My body doesn't ache like it used to and everything is easier and lighter.
    Sometimes on my walks I feel like I'm floating or rollarskating along, instead of feeling like I was dragging myself before when I was heavier.
    Cheers to you all and to health!
  • Callicia143
    Callicia143 Posts: 14
    Options
    No more depression.
    I crave workouts.
    I like the curves appearing on my arms.
    I look wicked in heels. (now when am I gonna wear 'em?)

I crave workouts too! And I have noticed that my posture has improved, lol i also find myself doing the moves in ab jam for no reason at all. like i will be looking for a snack and be like "crunch and shake it out... crunch and shake it"
  • Callicia143
    Options
    I forgot to add, my skin is clearing up. which is awesome.
  • Callicia143
    Options
    I stop eating when i am full! and I do not feel like I am wasting food.