Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hey! Any MFPs who are studying for exams ATM?

Hi,

Just looking for people in the similar situation to me. I'm studying for exams and I'm finding it really hard to continue eating healthy and fit in exercise with intense revision.

Looking for people who are maybe in the same situation, so we can motivate each other?

If not, any friends >>> :)

Replies

• sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Meeee!
    I have so many deadlines in before the end of this month and THEN i have to start revising for my exams, and I go on holiday as soon as they finish! So not fair.. I'm hoping exam stress will suppress my appetite, and I will make time to go to the gym as it helps me switch off from revision. Alternatively i will take it with me and sit on a bike for an hour reading through notes haha!
    Good luck!
  • JustBeingBella
    JustBeingBella Posts: 19 Member
    Stress! You understand how I feeel :) I'm going on holiday also and I really want that shape I've been craving for.
    I keep telling myself I should sit on the bike and read my notes, but never do it... I think its time to change and hit the gym with my notes tomorrow :)
  • Fergie21
    Fergie21 Posts: 46 Member
    Sez, do you live in Yarm as in Teesside?
  • jensterx3
    jensterx3 Posts: 21
    usually I regulate with stress and just focus on eating less calories until the exam is over. I'm not saying dangerously low lol but like like 1000-1150 a day and try to do quick or light exercise in between. :)
  • Tindomerel
    Tindomerel Posts: 28 Member
    Me too! I just do short amounts so say 20 mins a daya as I know I can fit that in. I know what you mean about eating though, I just want chocolate all the time!
  • sahrajane5
    sahrajane5 Posts: 26 Member
    Tell me about it, I'm doing my first year undergrad exams in like, a week- chemistry needs lots of monotonous revision too...
    I often go swimming just to get away from my cell, er I mean room.
    Also have a public diary! ;D
  • JustBeingBella
    JustBeingBella Posts: 19 Member
    Definitely agree. Its hard because exams are the first thing on my mind, but I really want to shed some lbs. Last year, I gained quite a bit of weight during exams, so bad people made comments :/

Really don't want that again.
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Right Here! And, you're right! It's so hard to keep on top of all of this while dealing with Final exams, plus life and everything else that's thrown at us! Luckily i have my husband to kinda help keep me on track. but, it's definitely more difficult right now, than it was when i first started.
  • mmessamo
    mmessamo Posts: 23 Member
    i feel ya. Its time for finals so I'm stressed and all i want is a greasy burger and chocolate ice cream. lol but i am holding strong so far
  • tetecia
    haha, exactly! I totally had some rocky road ice cream the other night. And, i have a Statistics Exam tomorrow morning that i am definitely not looking forward to in the slightest. /Sigh.
  • mmessamo
    mmessamo Posts: 23 Member
    mine tomorrow is in spanish, which is yucky but not as bad as stats!!
  • tetecia
    Man, Spanish! I haven't taken a Spanish final since Sophmore year of High School! haha. Good Luck on That. As for the Stats; thanks, i hope it helps! LOL
  • oliver476
    oliver476 Posts: 1
    Hey! I`m at this situation too. I`m from Brazil, and i`m finishing medical school this year, and preparing for the residency match... From jan i have gained 12kg, about 25lbs...
    Then I found MFP and this topic.
    i`m trying to loose weight and pass on residency, but it`s very hard to me. I mean, when i study, i NEED chocolate, or any other candy...
    Hope you guys have any advice for me.
    Very nice meet you all
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Sez, do you live in Yarm as in Teesside?

Sorry, I missed this! But yes, we have established that I do :) amazing that you know it :)