NSV.... making me push forward!!

Options
jaxandmaksmom
jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
Well.. I started this new lifestyle on Jan 1 2012.... I did it for a few reasons... the main ones being that I had reached a point where I was doing nothing.. I was watching my kids have this life and enjoying it and I was sitting on the side lines.. screw that i want to be in the action playing.. i want to be the mom that is out running and playing with them.. and the other reason... i was sitting on the couch.. looking down at myself and realized i was killing myself.. i was miserable.. i was depressed.. and if it wasnt for my amazing children i would have already taken my own life. I didnt leave the house.. i sat there and did nothing but eat.... sooooooo time for a change...
4 and half months later... I sit here happier.. healthier.. full of energy and loving life....and 54lbs lighter... and about 47 inches all over smaller...
my fave NSVs so far...
1. I went to the movies with my son to see Avengers... I used to hate going to the movies.. because my big butt wouldnt fit in the seats.. i couldnt sit near anyone because i would take up mine and pour over to theirs.. then on Friday night i went.. and....I HAD ROOM TO MOVE IN THE SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Last night the store i was in had sports bras on sale for 12.00 i was like heck ya i want one.... the biggest size they had was 38 c.... shot.. being that the last time i bought a bra i was a 46 dd i thought there was no way i would fit into it.. but i got it and figured... soon i would wear it... i also saw cheap work out pant at 9 bucks... largest size was an xl.... i used to wear 3x or 4x.. no way i would fit that either.. but i figured great deal and i am on my way there... they can be my goal pants and bra... so i got them.. and went home and tried them on to see how it worked... OMG THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. last night my daughter gave me a hug.. and she cried out.. MOMMY I CAN TOUCH HANDS AROUND YOU NOW!!!!!!!!!

and last but not least...

the other day i was out with my son.. who i have always feared was embarrased by having such a big mom, proudly told his friends that I had lost 54 lbs.. and that was how much his little sister weighed and wasnt it cool that i had lost a whole person.. and then proudly said.. her next goal is to lose my weight...

it made me cry....

I know this is super long.. but i have to say... even if the scale isnt moving or you dont feel like it is making a diffrence trust me... every work out, every sweat, every resisting of the junk food is soo worth it for those moments where you go... wow.. i am making a diffrence....

I wish everyone reading this every success and happiness with their journey, and hope each one of you get a moment where you go.. wow this is soooo worth it....

<3 Jill

Replies

• alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the great work :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Good job. Those are great feelings!!! Enjoy them!!!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    all awesome NSVs!!! I even just teared up a little bit--cograts! You have achieved big successes and are setting a wonderful example for your children! They watch and take in everything we do! I don't think enough people realize that...they learn from us all the time...if we don't eat healthy or act healthy why would we expect them to???? I hope my girls will someday be able to articulate what they are learning from me as well as your children have !
  • Mindywv2003
    Mindywv2003 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! very insperational !!!!

WTG:happy:
  • KCharron20
    KCharron20 Posts: 105
    Options
    Awesome! Awesome! Post. Congratulations! Keep up the keep work. It IS so worth it. Those are moments that will stick with you for life! Again Congrats!
  • brittlee82185
    Options
    Love this story made me cry your doing awesome and I am inspired by you strong beautiful lady :heart:
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Your whole post made me smile thiere are so many good things happening for you!!!! I can't wait until I have lost 50 pounds I am at almost 13 so I am getting there. this gives me the will power not to give up! Thank you!!!!
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an affect it is having on your kids. You can tell how excited they are to have you be able to participate more and enjoy doing it. Way to go. You are inspiring, as one of my main reasons for losing weight is exactly what you described, my kids are having a wonderful time with their dad as I sit back and have to watch from the sidelines. I wanna be out there with them too.
    Way to go, so happy for you! Keep up the great work and effort!
  • tipooh
    tipooh Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow you had me crying over here.. SO understanding everything you described in there ... it was like reading my story!!! ..thank you for sharing !!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Me too, a little moisture in the eyes reading your story. I love what your kids said. WTG!
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!! i love the support and friendship that we all share here.. it makes the days a little easier.. and make success so much more easy to acheive..
  • peekaabooo
    peekaabooo Posts: 19
    Options
    Aw! I love this! Keep it up !
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and awesome motivation. Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS!!!!
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    Tears and Cheers for you. It sure is wonderful that your children notice and are proud of you. It's amazing what we can do when we make the commitment and realize you're doing it for you as well. Keep up the good work. NSV's are great motivators for me, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!