NSV - Ab Ripper X

Options
started supplementing my running and strength training with Ab Ripper X (the whole p90x system doesnt fit in with my crazy busy schedule, don't hate!) about a month ago. The first day I flopped around like a fish but last night i was able to do all the reps of all the exercises (except i can still only do 20 fifer scissors, they are EVIL)...and I did the 'hard' version of several too. My upper abs are getting ripped and I can feel my lower abs are strong, just need to continue with the cardio to burn off that fat. I never thought I'd be able to get to this point though so am very happy today =)

Replies

• drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I remember when I finally could do all the 349 core slash abs workout! The mason twist was my nemesis and when i could finally do those, I felt awesome!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't very much like Ab Ripper X or most floor ab exercises. I've found alternative that can be done standing or using a suspension trainer (or ab straps from a chinup bar) to be much more fun and more effective.

Congratulations though!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I've almost mastered Ab Ripper X. The only one I'm still struggling with are the Cross-Legged Floor Sit-Ups or whatever they're called. I can do 'em wide legged, but crossed I'm working on. Over time I believe I can do it!
  • mcknz121
    mcknz121 Posts: 44
    Options
    I've almost mastered Ab Ripper X. The only one I'm still struggling with are the Cross-Legged Floor Sit-Ups or whatever they're called. I can do 'em wide legged, but crossed I'm working on. Over time I believe I can do it!

you WILL do it! good luck and congrats on your success w/ ab ripper :-)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    whoho!
    now where are our pics =)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You should do the core synergistics. That is a great workout as well.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    good for you! :) High five!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Great job! The Fifer scissors can seriously eff themselves and die. At least that's what I say when I'm attempting to do them.
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    yeah i've noticed my first few times of doing ab ripper x i feel like i'm just flopping around with every limb flailing as i try to do the moves... but each time i do it i get a little better. it's nice to see i'm not the only one who felt like i wasn't really doing anything when i started it.
  • thislittlerose
    Options
    The Fifer scissors can seriously eff themselves and die.
    LOL! Totally. :)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this until now, checked it out and I can see how this would be intense! I'm going to give it a try Friday on my core day on top of my Rushfit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Cograts! The first time I did it, I was sooo pitiful. I was so excited when I could finally do those sit up/v-up things.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    If I do ABX right after a P90X workout it is sooooo hard.............................I try to break it into a sperate workout

The Mason Twists are what crushes me
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If I do ABX right after a P90X workout it is sooooo hard.............................I try to break it into a sperate workout

The Mason Twists are what crushes me

Especially nasty when you do a hard core leg workout! "whadda mean I have to reverse bicycle? I can't lift my legs anymore!" :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!