Wonderful NSV!

Options
brendacooks
brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
Last night after supper I went for a bike ride with my 8 year son and my husband. (That's the NSV) What a terribly ordinary, routine, unremarkable thing to do, right? WRONG! I cannot remember the last time I rode my bike. My son is 8 years old and he has never seen me on a bike. When he and his dad said they we going out for a ride (which they do often) I piped up and asked my husband "do I still have a bike somewhere?" He laughed and out the door they went.. I started on the dishes and thought no more about it until 10 minutes later my husband poked his head through the door and said " Come on - you made me go find your bike - now you have to come for a ride". Well, I laughed when I saw it - covered with dust from being buried in the back of the shed for MANY years, and my helmet too, but he had pumped up the tires and it seemed in working order. I was a bit nervous - then my son said " can you ride a bike, Mommy?" and I saw that he was a bit nervous too. So, I said "I sure can!" and I hopped on and away we all went - like regular, non-obese people. It was so wonderful!!!! I felt like I was flying and my son was racing along calling out to me all the way enjoying my being there with them. My husband kept checking in "are you ok?"... I just laughed and laughed - because I was more than ok - I am in good shape - all those hours at the gym are paying off -the long bike ride was NO PROBLEM . Things have changed. Oh Ya!
11672710.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! It is great for your son to see you getting healthy and practicing good exercise habits.
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That was AWESOME! NSVs are the best:bigsmile:
  • dmwiseman
    dmwiseman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I welled up a little then...so pleased for you x
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! i am buying a bike so i can do the same thing with my kids.. i am so excited to feel that feeling you had... yay you.. thanks for reminding me why i am doing this...
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    What a wonderful story and I know your son was so excited!!!
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh Happy Day!!! Way to go I woulod of loved to see the look on their faces!!!
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV!!! Your family must be very proud of you.....and you should be too! You have done good.
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    That's great! A workout and family time all-in-one:)
  • lampson1
    lampson1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Your story made me smile and brought a tear to my eye. Great job!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awww I love this story. Made me tear up a bit. Hope you have many more family bike rides.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    awww what a great story :heart:
  • gwdeuce
    gwdeuce Posts: 2
    Options
    that's awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    This is the best NSV I've read on MFP. Thank you so much for sharing it.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    So awesome! And so great getting the family time in!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!