I've turned sadistic. I wish pain on others.

Options
Okay so I had a thought today. 40 days ago I would never have thought I'd like working out (running, rushfit, abs). Yesterday I finished my run and then came home and did a 10 minute ab-blast and chest exercises. The pain was intense but I kept pushing through it.

I've realized I am becoming sadistic. I like the pain. Somehow for some reason I feel like garbage when I am not working out or doing something physical. Not only that but I am trying to convert everyone else in my life and get them working out too so they can feel the change.

I don't know what it is but my entire mental structure has changed. I don't dread it - I am actually for some strange reason excited for Friday abs today. (though admittedly my strength conditioning today doesn't sound so great lol)

Anyone else feeling this way?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Masochistic - you like pain.
    Sadistic - you like to inflict pain on others...
    Sorry - language lesson for the day :flowerforyou: - I hate pain and I won't do anything if it is painfull - I would do any exercise that is hard and makes me real tired and takes a lot of work, but no thanks to pain.....
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Not me, although I wish I did!

I hate hate HATE working out. And I've tried so many different types of workouts. I just do it because I have to in order to get the body I want, but I dread every minute of it. Even thinking about doing Insanity tonights gets me all bummed. I guess I'm just lazy...
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Language is important apparently, I stopped reading the dictionary at an early age and never got past C. ;)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Masochistic - you like pain.
    Sadistic - you like to inflict pain on others...
    Sorry - language lesson for the day :flowerforyou: - I hate pain and I won't do anything if it is painfull - I would do any exercise that is hard and makes me real tired and takes a lot of work, but no thanks to pain.....

I think the sadistic part referred to him wanting to convince others to exercise as well, thereby indirectly inflicting pain on them too. Or not. I don't want to put words in his mouth. That was just my interpretation.
  • considermac
    considermac Posts: 59
    Options
    Yes, Its like I am alive when I workout and feel the pain. I too dont feel myself when I dont workout.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't hurt, you're not doing it right? lol If my legs don't ache after leg day, I did not give it everything I had. Same with my abs and upper body. no pain no gain!
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY GET THIS. I'm feeling like garbage right now for not working out! I really want to, I'm just tired and I think I need a day to rest. Still, it's annoying not being able to work out every day!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Hmm... it shouldn't be "pain" per say... Or maybe its a different type of pain.

To me it is a more radiating deep soreness than "pain" that i would associate with say, cutting myself/breaking something.

Either way I agree I love the feeling. It makes me feel like I am overcoming something. I love the light soreness the next day that reminds me that I'm still striving every day to be the best person I can be. I also feel like I'm being lazy when I dont feel sore...
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am totally this way! I love to be doing anything active. I have gotten all my kids & husband into it too! Now they are not doing my intense workouts but I get them out walking & running & doing something active everyday. I work out 5 days a week - take the weekends/holidays off & I can't help myself, I get out & do long walks or gardening or something that burns calories.
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I am the same way...I have have HAVE to get a workout (sometimes 2) in, even on "rest" days. I like the pain, if I'm not sore, I'm not happy :)
  • skohl83
    skohl83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I do Insanity every morning at 5 am and 9 times out of ten I am very excited for my alarm to go off in the morning....I completely agree
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know what you're feeling... Its not pain as in the hurt sense, its pain in the muscle rebuilding sense.

I got home from my jog one Saturday morning and thought... "when the heck did I become a person who thinks its fun & relaxing to start the weekend with a 5km jog"

And I started trying to recruit everyone I know into working out with me. No-one seems to enjoy it the same way I do though, so I mostly exercise on my own.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not alone. :)
  • riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    Options
    I love the pain after working out. The soreness drives me. I am ADDICTED. Feeling my muscles shake from fatigue and wondering how I'm going to drive myself home when I can barely lift my arms makes me happy.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Masochist - "Hurt me! Hurt me!"
    Sadist - "No."