Sisters comment that meant so much!

Options
2»

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I kind of yearn for the positive attention like you got from your sister from my sisters. They're not bad people by any means, but instead of saying, "hey, you've lost weight! you look good!" they'll instead say, "you're wasting away... eat more!"

I finally broke down to my younger sister who was saying stuff like that on her vacation to come visit me last month. She's since passed me up in weight and is just as unhappy as I am, but has an excuse for everything. I told her I would not go out to eat or binge eat with her because I'm fed up with being fat and unhealthy. It was a very stressful point in time for both of us, but I think she understands and now she's started working out too.

Kudos to you for standing up to her! I have developed this "NO EXCUSES" strategy!
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    Ahh, that's a really nice thread topic :-) I'm seeing my sisters this weekend and was 25lbs heavier when they last saw me so I'm wondering whether they'll notice. I've still got a long way to go!

You will have to let meknow how it goes! Good luck!
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    Thank you guys! Your words of encouragement and praise are very nice! :flowerforyou:
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's sweet! Also, watch out...you may spark a bit of competition from the athlete in her :) Congratulations on your progress! I have always been the heavy one in my family, I am looking forward to the day when that's not the case anymore.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! it always means more coming from family :) especially a sister that has always been more fit than you! congrats on your commitment to improving health and fitness :)
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    that is so cool....and so touching.
  • PhoebeC123
    PhoebeC123 Posts: 28
    Options
    That must have been lovely to hear. I have 2 sisters and we are pretty comptetitive when it comes to weight, which is really not a good thing. When my younger sister started to get a flat belly I have to admit it did give me a little jumpstart to run a bit more myself. It has its upsides and downsides I suppose.
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That was probably the nicest thing she could have done for you! I have two sisters, one I am very close to who is on this journey with me. The other sister has always been the svelt one, never having to work too hard. I happen to work in the same office with her and after having lost 50 lbs. and everybody in the office was commenting on my success, she congratulated me in a text message from downstairs ( I work in an upstairs office) just 50 feet away!!!

Not surprisingly I was a little hurt. And she has yet to say anything to me!!

Congratulations on a great relationship with your sister.
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    That must have been lovely to hear. I have 2 sisters and we are pretty comptetitive when it comes to weight, which is really not a good thing. When my younger sister started to get a flat belly I have to admit it did give me a little jumpstart to run a bit more myself. It has its upsides and downsides I suppose.

I always admired my sister fitness level at least until the last few years as she quit working at staying fit. I hope she decides to get competetive. haha
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    That was probably the nicest thing she could have done for you! I have two sisters, one I am very close to who is on this journey with me. The other sister has always been the svelt one, never having to work too hard. I happen to work in the same office with her and after having lost 50 lbs. and everybody in the office was commenting on my success, she congratulated me in a text message from downstairs ( I work in an upstairs office) just 50 feet away!!!

Not surprisingly I was a little hurt. And she has yet to say anything to me!!

Congratulations on a great relationship with your sister.

I am so sorry for the way your sister has chosen to deal with your success, but at least you have the support of your other sister. Congrats on the 50 lbs lost, that is awesome!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Oh how sweet....nothing better than a family member noticing all your hard work....great job
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Makes me want to go visit the family again. I don't see them that often. They last saw me at 172.. Now 151. :)
    It's important to have good relations with your sister. Feels good to have recognition.
  • mgs68pony
    Options
    Makes me want to go visit the family again. I don't see them that often. They last saw me at 172.. Now 151. :)
    It's important to have good relations with your sister. Feels good to have recognition.

You are right it always feels good to have some recognition! Just wish people could see or realize all the hard work we do put into this!

Congrats on your own loss! wAY TO GO!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!