I'm new to this website

Options
Hello everyone I'm new to all of these and I just wanted to ask if someone knows of a good diet for me to follow, I need to lose 16 punds!

Replies

• mhounsell
    mhounsell Posts: 11
    Options
    As long as you exercise....keep your calorie count in check, and eat as healthy as possible, you'll be off to a good start...I personally don't think you need any special type of diet... JMO.... good luck with it...
  • belle0226
    belle0226 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this website. I can tell you form experience a "diet" may help you lose weight, but a lifestyle adjustment will help in the long run. I would recommend a healthy diet with as many veggies in it as you can, lots of water, exercise, and staying in your calorie goal. That seems to be helping me.
  • juliegalicz1
    Options
    I have been eating 100-200 calories every 2 hours and not eating any white flour our refined sugars.
    I am down 4 lbs. in 2 weeks.
  • jlenz74
    jlenz74 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have lost 16.7 pounds from just being on this website and logging what I am eating. Serving/portion size is huge! Watch those food labels! good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend. We are all here to help each other!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    As long as you exercise....keep your calorie count in check, and eat as healthy as possible, you'll be off to a good start...I personally don't think you need any special type of diet... JMO.... good luck with it...

This...and drink lots of water. Good luck :)
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Water is key!!! DRINK DRINK DRINK! :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, stay in your calorie goal and get plenty of water and exercise! Ultimately, a great lifestyle to aim for is clean eating - you will be healthier in every aspect. However, it can seem like a big change and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it right of the bat. I used MFP for calorie counting for several months and ate whatever I wanted as long as I stayed within my goal, then slowly transitioned into clean eating. I love it now, but it would have been too hard for me to try to dive into at first!

(Since you're new, if you don't know, "clean eating" means eliminating all processed foods, refined sugars, white flour, etc. Basically eating as close to natural as possible. It seems daunting but I feel SO much better since making the switch!)
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I know what works for me and has helped me. I take my Herbalife Products, work out and eat good food most of the time. I like the products I use as for it is the first time that I have felt good ...
  • aayjm91
    aayjm91 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your comments!!! :)