harder to lose the lbs!!!!

jazzy020106
jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hello.. for those who have met there goal weight or have experienced this... how close were you to your goal weight when it started getting harder to lose the lbs???

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    I'm within 20 and its getting really hard to lose it now.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    The last 5 took me 4 months. I had to really pay attention to sodium and sugar.

Good Luck.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I'm 28 away and it's hard. :grumble: My body plateau'd at 193, and then again at 186 and now I'm stuck at 177. :angry: I have to keep changing what I'm doing - the first time I added exercise & went down & the second time I actually ate more and lost. So now I'm not sure what to do - it's a guessing game until I figure out what works. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    The last 10-15. UGH!
  • jazzy020106
    Oh man! im not far behind then.. i have a good 30 lbs at least to go so i think im ok for another 15 lbs... but then im going to have to work harder!!! =[ thanks!! i just wanted to know when to expect to have to pump it up a little more =] even though everyday i try to burn even 5 more calories than yesterday lol...
  • jazzy020106
    The last 10-15. UGH!

i cant wait to be where your at!!!! =] we have the same goal and almost same starting weight! you are motivation for me!! =]
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    What I learned was that as you get closer to your goal weight, switch to weighing in only 1 time per month. Otherwise you start to go crazy about not seeing the scale move. Keep up the good work. You are doing great. :smile:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Good to know other people are going through this.

I have about 10-15 more to lose and have been playing with the same couple pounds for like 3 months now. Sooo frustrating. :explode:

Everyone says switch things up, so I'm trying to add more strength training into my workout routine instead of primarily just running. Let's hope it works.
  • I'm 54 years old. Started about 18 months ago . . . and have lost 122 pounds. Down to the last 20, but I've been struggling with it all summer. Going hard on the cardio, and upping the strength training this week. Any help on the last 20 pounds would be greatly appreciated!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    20 pounds..........it is creeping off at 1/2 a pound a month:grumble:

But I am healthy and happy and working out and having fun..........so it's all good:flowerforyou:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    do weights with a good diet it will come off so fast for every muscel you buid it will burn 25 to 50 more calories at rest than the normal 3 while you sleep your body will burn 400 calories instead of 24 the last of the fat your carry will trun in to fuel to help move those mucsles try it
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    I've really slowed down, too, now that I'm within 20. Tried zig-zagging my calories last weekend and it seemed to help as I dropped 3 lbs this week to 192. (Haven't updated my ticker yet because I see my doc next Friday and his is the only scale that counts! - But I am hoping that my blood work next Friday will result in him stopping the last of my meds. Will let everyone know when the results are back. Wish me luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    It is strange.........I am losing very little but my body looks completely different.

I love muscles!! :laugh:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    The last 10-15. UGH!

i cant wait to be where your at!!!! =] we have the same goal and almost same starting weight! you are motivation for me!! =]
    Bless your heart! Good luck honey!:tongue:
  • I have been working on the last five pounds for the past two months! It's coming off 1/2 pound a month ish.... :grumble: :grumble: :laugh:
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    I'm losing 1/2 lb. every 5 to six weeks. It's slow going, but so worth it. Keep on keeping on!
  • I agree the last ones are the worst.

132583.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    I got down to like 133-134ish, and now I have about 8 pounds to go. Not sure how long its going to take, but one thing I am noticing for sure is how hard it is to stay on the wagon! I swear I crave sugar and delicious unhealthy scrumptious treats more than I ever have. I lowered my calories and am finding it hard to hit 1330, I feel hungry all the time it seems, and I work my butt off at the gym just so I can eat more. Like today, I hit my calorie goal already and its like only 4pm here. I will be running later, but I bet I'll run longer knowing that what I burn is equivalent to what I can eat later.. rawr!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    It's my understanding that the more fit you become the more calories your body requires to feed growing muscles and higher metabolism etc. I think that's why we feel hungrier.

I also work out hard, but don't want to eat tons more calories because my last bit of weight is NOT coming off! However, I'm really trying to just keep at it. If I'm hungry all the time my mood is horrible, and I don't want to live that way!

Any feedback on higher fitness = higher calories? I'd love some reassurance!
  • It's my understanding that the more fit you become the more calories your body requires to feed growing muscles and higher metabolism etc. I think that's why we feel hungrier.

I also work out hard, but don't want to eat tons more calories because my last bit of weight is NOT coming off! However, I'm really trying to just keep at it. If I'm hungry all the time my mood is horrible, and I don't want to live that way!

Any feedback on higher fitness = higher calories? I'd love some reassurance!

I'm no expert by no means, but I went from 237 to 195 since March '09. I maintained from 1500 to 1800 calories. Problem is I think I was too low. I'm playing catch up now on toning up and building back muscle. From what I understand, too low caloric intake may consume muscle as well as fat.

I had my RMR tested a week or so ago and I'm at 2100 calories .....so adding exercise I'm aiming for around 2500 or so. Guess what I have learned is that too low a caloric intake for me was not the way to go. I should have stayed closer to RMR and used burned excercise calories for my deficit.

So you may need to be eating more and spacing meals out through the day. For me, I tried not to crash and get really hungry. For the past few weeks I have changed course and eating my daily calorie allowance (RMR + activity/execise burn). I feel better and seem to be gaining more muscle.
This discussion has been closed.