Trouble staying on track and motivated...??/

Options
I'm tottally there. I'm so busy i dont know when to work stuff in and when I want to work out or something my support circle, whom are not trying to lose weight, kind of lure me into just "hanging out". my fiance is part of this because he feels we dont spend as much time together with my new job. I log onto my app everyday and try to stay on it. if anyone would like to add me or would like a buddy to help motivate you and keep you on track just add me. I'd appreciate the help!! :smile:

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Hello and welcome, feel free to add me.

Can you convince you fiance to do things that involve exercise together, go hiking, go to the gym together etc? That would be a great start for working in exercise and also spending time together.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! My fiance works out during his lunch break and before he picks me up from work. But because I commute far, he can fit all that stuff in before I get home, and when I get home all he wants to do is hang out! I had to have a chat with him about how different our days are, and that he had to give me a chance to exercise too. Now, I work out twice a week at the gym after work, and two other days at home while he is out running errands. He also plays beach volleyball on Wednesday nights, so I use that to do a short workout and have some 'me' time :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I am always looking for new friends. I think the bigger your support system is, the easier it is to stay motivated and on track. Good luck in your journey!

My boyfriend does not like to exercise, but he doesn't get upset with me wanting to work out. He knows I am doing this to be healthier.
  • cheesej
    cheesej Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a hard time after lunch. I always crave something sweet. I've tried having sweet gum, sucking on hard candy and eating fruit but nothing fights my craving for a chocolate bar!!! HELP!!!
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time after lunch. I always crave something sweet. I've tried having sweet gum, sucking on hard candy and eating fruit but nothing fights my craving for a chocolate bar!!! HELP!!!

I started getting those little hershey dark chocolate bars and just eat 1 square. I think the entire "little" pack has 4 so even then you don't go overboard. Kicks my chocolate craving
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! and to add onto it, this week, I haven't been eating well or exercising. too tired to!
  • considermac
    considermac Posts: 59
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me as friend. I am on nearly every day. A couple of suggestions. Have your fiance come with you on the workout. Exercising together can be a great way to stay connected. Another suggestion is to message to your fiance, that I love you and want to be with you. I know its a struggle to find time with my job. I also need to feel good about myself and reduce stress. Exercise helps with it. When you are talking with him, make sure you point out the benefits he will reap when you workout and eat healthy. He needs to be able to see the "Whats in it for me" (WIIFM) aspect. HOpe that helps. Stay strong and focused and try to stay positive. I know its hard. You can do it! :smile:
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    I have been having a Detour reduced sugar protein bar. They come in chocolate and carmel. They aren't bad and they really fill you up and keep you full.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!