Its "that time"...

Options
And all I want to do is chow! On salt and sweets. Any suggestions on how to curb these cravings?
I don't want to throw all my hard work in the bucket. However I'm afraid I might cave soon. Anyone else
Feel this or know how to kick it in the butt?

Replies

• pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm feeling it right now, too. I'm attempting to curb the feelings with a mug of hot tea. So far, so good.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I exercise when I get that feeling. Even if it's just heading out for a walk till it passes!
  • yllom333
    yllom333 Posts: 3
    Options
    I also try to curb my appetitie and cravings by drinking green tea. I also try to visualize what I am trying to achieve and tell myself that the food will not be worth it and will only make me feel bad after I eat it.

Stay true to what your trying to do- stay strong! You Can DO IT!
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen strawberry slices......sooooooo good!!!! and lots of other fruits! I don't count their sugars.....
  • Amommymoose
    Amommymoose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, try upping your fat intake. Is that like sacrilege to say on here? It sounds like blood sugar imbalance--which is RAMPANT these days.

Also, if your sugar cravings are crazy, try taking L-glutamine. It's an amino acid found just about anywhere that sells supplements. Try to get one with label dosing that says to take it multiple times/day to spread it out. Should work within a day or two. Make sure to take them on an empty stomach (an hour or more after any food and an hour or more before any more food).
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just give in to the craving but keep the portions small. The more I resist the stronger it gets. What I do if I'm craving chocolate I'll buy those little small chocolate bars. I'm too lazy to go back to the store and get more, but it still hit the spot. I do the same with ice cream. I'll get a small bar or something.
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    I read once that bananas will curb your desire for sweets. I have not tried it recently so I am not sure if it works or not. Good luck
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of green tea or tick tock tea. Always works