help

Options
i am on week 4 and i'm struggling to keep the motivation going can anyone offer some advice please

Replies

• pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bump - because your trying really hard and need to keep going!

But a bit more info would probably help you get more responses e.g. current weight, goal weight, what you are struggling with, your diet and exercise at the moment.
  • stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    It can get daunting when you have a long way to go, I can relate to that! Here's the thing though -- a month from now will be a month from now no matter what, you will be so much happier in one month if you keep on going!!! You will be amazed how much better you feel as the weeks pass. You will start to feel accomplished and proud of every single little step you take, as you should! Motivation ebbs and flows, commitment is what keeps you going. You deserve to get to your goal, and you WILL, as long as you keep going. You don't have to be thrilled about it every single day, but your good days will start to out number your bad ones!

Do not let one spurt of demotivation sideline you! According to your ticker you have lost 8 pounds so far! That's wonderful! Keep going!
  • jackisuzu
    jackisuzu Posts: 11
    Options
    It will be difficult at times...heck it will be darn near impossible sometimes. I have lost 34 pounds since the begining of Jan and the first few weeks were a real struggle. And the last week I seriously fell off the wagon and am now struggling like it was the first few weeks again!! I bought some big red gum and when I get the urge to eat something bad I throw a piece of gum in my mouth. I also just keep thinking "feeling good about myself is better than the taste of this food for the 10 minutes it takes me to eat it"!! hopefully people have some other suggestions for you!!

Keep at it....you can do it!!
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I see from your ticker that you've got a goal of 140lbs to lose. I realize that may seem daunting, but the fact that you're making an effort, and have gone four weeks so far, is a major accomplishment. Don't look at your end goal right now - that will make you feel overwhelmed. Look at your weekly victories. Did you lose any weight? Did you stay on track with your calories? Did you get some exercise? Remember that any efforts you've made toward this goal are better than doing nothing about it. I read a NSV (non-scale victory) story about a woman who just went on a bike ride with her son for the first time. These small personal victories are what is going to keep you going. Just know you've got a whole community behind you. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    i am on week 4 and i'm struggling to keep the motivation going can anyone offer some advice please
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    It can get daunting when you have a long way to go, I can relate to that! Here's the thing though -- a month from now will be a month from now no matter what, you will be so much happier in one month if you keep on going!!! You will be amazed how much better you feel as the weeks pass. You will start to feel accomplished and proud of every single little step you take, as you should! Motivation ebbs and flows, commitment is what keeps you going. You deserve to get to your goal, and you WILL, as long as you keep going. You don't have to be thrilled about it every single day, but your good days will start to out number your bad ones!

Do not let one spurt of demotivation sideline you! According to your ticker you have lost 8 pounds so far! That's wonderful! Keep going!

Yes! I just looked back through my "journey" and the slow weight loss and where I am today 3 months on to where I was before, is totally motivating. Plus the fact I want to be healthy - that's motivation enough for me :) You can do this :)

Also, I set mini goals. Instead of thinking.... I have 90lb to lose, I set the goals of losing 10% at a time, which is MUCH more manageable.