Two easy, delicious meals!!!

Options
amanda52488
amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
EASY PEESY SKILLET LASAGNA (ABSOLUTELY EASY AND DELICIOUS!!) See Ingredients for the few modifications I made!
Serves 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: >10 minutes

Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot cookbook.

Ingredients:
•1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
•1 large onion, chopped
•1 cup mushrooms, chopped
•2 garlic cloves, minced
•2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
(I USED 1 CAN DICED TOMATOES AND 1/2 JAR SPAGHETTI SAUCE)
•1/4 cup tomato sauce
•3 basil leaves, chopped
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper
•1 teaspoon sea salt
•1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
(I USED 1/2 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE INSTEAD)
•1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
•3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
•About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
•2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)
Directions:
1.Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
2.Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in parsley. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
3.Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.

I love living in a world where I can eat this, THIS cheesy wonder before me, have a glass of wine AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT. I’ll say, Weight Watchers, you get a fist pump for that.

Nutritional information per 1 cup:
Calories: 275
Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 7

CROCKPOT ITALIAN CHICKEN
(see Ingredients for modifications I made)

4 chicken breasts
1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing (Regular is fine but I like zesty better. Sometimes I use a packet and a half.)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
(I USED 1/2 CREAM CHEESE PACKAGE)
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (depending how cream cheesy you want it)

Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. Cook on low in the crockpot for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day. Once chicken is done you can leave the chicken breasts whole, cube it, or even shred it. I always cut the breasts into tenderloin size strips. Once you have cut up the chicken, throw it back in the crockpot and stir into the sauce.
If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice.

Calories: The calories with 1/2 cream cheese package is 253 per serving. This mean has 4 servings. This DOES NOT include rice or pasta.

Enjoy!!!

Replies