How do you stay awake? (Non coffee tasting coffee)

Options
ro_girl68
ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
So the problem I have is I work at a gym at 5 am everyday, and I need some sort of caffeine to stay awake. I sometimes drink 5 hour energy and total zero RedBull when I don't get enough sleep, but I wish I could drink something regular like coffee every morning.

The problem is I don't like the taste of coffee. I could never drink a regular cup of coffee. The kind I do drink (if I must) are the bad kind: Iced Mocha, McDonald's Caramel Frappe... etc. These are high in calories and sugar, but they work.

Does anyone know of anything I could drink that's not so unhealthy for me but as effective?

Replies

• spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I would get the the root of the cause first. Proper rest is as much of a discipline as proper eating.

If you really need coffee to stay awake just drink black coffee, if it tastes gross then think of it as medicine.

I drink coffee and I drink diet pop but not in order to stay up...actually I don't know why I do? perhaps to rebel? lol. I no longer add sugar to coffee at the moment and I don't completely trust artificial sweeteners.

There are caffeine pills..but I don't recommend them

Or you could try anti fatigue pills.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/products/anti-fatigue-caps.af.html

In the end just try to get some more sleep... but in todays world that is easier said then done.
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can try one of the pre-work out drinks/shakes too. Most use caffeine for the simulation and claim it helps you get a better workout.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of coffee either, but I love cappuccinos and frappés. I do them for myself, and they are good (my friends love my frappé), but coffee doesn't do anything with me. I can drink one, and sleep 5 minutes later.
    Tea is different, it keeps me awake. Especially black tea. I know green tea is supposed to do that, but black is better for me.
    A cold shower (jut a qiuck shot) also works very well for me.
    I work from home, so I have a flexible schedule. 10 minutes of sleeping in the afternoon makes miracles for me. Except when I don't wake up after 10 minute. Than it is terrible.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B12 will give you 5 hours of non-jittery energy. It depends on the brand, though and I take 1000mgs-2000mgs at a time (2000 a day max). Bluebonnet berry tabs under my tongue (I split them in half). It works like a charm and I was a HUGE coffee drinker.

also:
    good night's sleep, de-stressing stuff like warm baths at night, exercise daily, eat healthy/good/organic foods daily, get any hormonal/diseases/health issues addressed.

Protein powder in some water, hazelnut milk, coconut milk, almond milk or something like that is also helpful, those amino acids will help.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink Spark from Advocare for an energy boost. And because I like coffee drinks, but not the fat, calories, and sugar with them I mix a scoop of sugar free cappuccino powder into my chcolate protein shake and have that for breakfast.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Water joe.

It's caffeinated water.

www.waterjoe.com/
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Tea.