What do to with Chicken

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
I need some ideas on cooking chicken breasts...I am getting tired of the same old baked breast....any ideas??

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I made the WEIRDEST recipe yesterday - I wasn't sure it was going to turn out at all, but it was pretty yummy. Here's the link to the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maple-rum-glazed-chicken/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=rum chicken&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=/my/recipebox/default.aspx

I love allrecipes.com. LOTS of great ideas.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A while back there was a long thread on chicken recipes, if you check here you will find a lot.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/search
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My wife makes killer chicken tacos. Puts 4 skinless/bonelss breasts in the crockpot in the morning, covers them with up with low sodium organic chicken broth and lets it cook all day.

She mixes all of the seasoning hereself and stays away from the pouched grocery shelf seasoning (don't have recipe on hand but its stuff like chili powder, cumin, etc...).

Once the chicken breaks down, she pulls out two of the chicken breasts and drops them into the sautee pan with a cup of the cooked chicken broth and adds the seasoning. Once the stock cooks down - get your taco on.

Put on whatever floats your boat. We usually stick with fresh tomatos, avacado, lettuce, a little graded cheese, and some Franks hot sauce (sodium can be high - but zero cals) and of course add it all into your favorite shell.

The other two chicken breasts I drop into a sealable pyrex bowl with a 1/4 cup of Franks Kickn' BBQ sauce (80 cals for the sauce) and take it to work for a couple of lunches during the week.

There are four of us and you can easily get two meals for each of us out of the taco chicken. I then have two breasts for two seperate lunches during the week. In short, one day of crock pot cooking = 4 meals.