??

Options
excuse my dullness but what is hrm.. and how do i get to do this, i am new to all this and sounds like i need it in my lfe!! :)

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor. It will give you a calorie burn estimate for your aerobic workouts. Very useful! Polar is the best brand. An FT4 is an entry level model.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Polar is the most common brand. I much prefer my timex hrm. imho
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    hrm = heart rate monitor

There are many styles and brands but I, and many other here, would advise that you good a good one. Polar and Garmin seem to be the most popular brands. Either way, make sure there is a chest strap and that it allows you to imput and update your personal info. I've got a Polar FT4 and love it!

They're a bit pricey but think of it as an investment in your health and fitness, like you would if you were buying a good pair of running shoes. Even if you have to save up, it'll be totally worth it.

For other suggestions, click on Search above and type in HRM - you'll get all kinds of useful info.
  • codieelise
    codieelise Posts: 13
    Options
    aw brill, thanks for your help xx
  • The latest and greatest brand out there is Digifit! It's awesome, will do everything that the most expensive Garmin heart rate monitor will do but at the lowest price you will ever see. Check it out!!!
  • But I would also add that Polar is the top brand in the heart rate monitor industry.