31 pounds before Christmas

Options
Is it a realistic goal? There are about 31 weeks left until Christmas and I still have 31 pounds still to lose. I've taken up running do the elliptical, and am counting my calories. What do you all think?

Replies

• stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    Very, very realistic!
  • MrsNelson0904
    MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think it's totally doable as long as you commit to your exercise and diet goals! I'm trying to lose 30 lbs by my 2nd wedding anniversary in September!
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Definately doable, I've lost 22 since february, aslong as you work hard and keep to it you'll be fine, good luck :flowerforyou:
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    very realistic, just stick to it and it should come off :)
    Everyone is different, but I lost almost 30 lbs in 5 months!
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think that is very realistic! I'm hoping to lose exactly the amount by mid-October.
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    Sounds like a very realistic goal to me. Good luck!
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Should be. However I'm always flexible on the 'end weight'. While mine says 125 goal (on the tracker), I'm ok with 145-125 because I'm not sure how much muscle I'll taken on or how my body will feel at that range.

But it sounds plausible, so go for it. Just remember to be flexible if needed. :-)
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Well I think it would depend first of all on how big you are to start with. I lost 50 pounds in 5 months but I am a bigger woman so the weight probably came off much quicker on me then it would an already thinner smaller person.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Depends on your current body fat %age and weight. But assuming that the 31lb will put you in or over a healthy range then that is a sensible rate.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal! If you stick with it, I'm sure you'll get there. =)
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    starting weight was 192
    Current weight 173.4
    Goal weight by Christmas 142
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    There are only 31 weeks left until Christmas? When did that happen :laugh:

Seriously though, it does sound very realistic.
  • teresaturnbull1976
    Options
    Very realistic goal. I'm aiming for another 32lbs by Sept 8th, that will be 42lbs in total, half way to my goal x
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I hope so because I aiming to be at goal by Christmas and thats about 30pounds away for me as well :)
  • kimberlypink0375
    Options
    Definantly!!! Average 2 lbs a week. I lost 50 lbs from September -March. Average of 10 per month with weight watchers and exercise. You can do it!!! Perfect time of year to do it too!!! Summer
  • miss_devon
    miss_devon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree. One pound per week is reasonable. That's about what I've been averaging for the past 10 weeks.