Do you continue dieting when sick?

Options
I've developed a cold over the past 5-ish days and I still don't feel better, so last night instead of eating my normal calorie deficit I consumed my TDEE instead. With final exams coming up and my immune system already compromised I thought it would be good to keep stress to a minimum, and eat to feed myself right.

Do any of you guys take this approach? Or do you stick with eating less and just hope you feel better soon?

I've been on a diet for a year and a half now, and never having been legitimately sick before (with a cold/flu/etc) I don't have experience with "what to do" in this situation!

Replies

• SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I do three things differently. (1) not exercise, (2) take 3000mg of vitamin C, and (3) sleep at least 10 hours per day. Diet remains constant.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I think your instinct is correct. When I'm sick, I usually am less hungry than usual and lose a couple of pounds, but I try to eat enough to keep up my strength.

Eat sensibly and don't aggravate the stress. Good luck with your exams.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Good luck with your exams.

Thank you!

I'm trying to do everything you guys have mentioned. I haven't been sleeping well, but I'm going to bed earlier to try and fix that, and I've also been taking lots of Vitamin C and skipping working out. I appreciate your input. :)