Mac users, how do YOU do side-by-side pics?!

smilingchica
smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
I just got a MacBook Pro and I want to put my progress pics side by side for better comparison and I'm a bit lost, any help would be great!!

Replies

• moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 335 Member
    You need to use an editing software then export it as a jpeg to post. Does this make sense?
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    obligatory "stop using a mac" post.

Also, there are photoshop and photo editing tools online.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Bring up both pics in Preview side by side. Use the grab utility in the Utilities folder. Save pic as Tiff. Open with preview, resave as JPEG.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    bump
  • If you have an iPhone, just use an app such as Diptic. :)
  • smilingchica
    obligatory "stop using a mac" post.

Also, there are photoshop and photo editing tools online.

You would Jon! :tongue:
  • beanybudd
    beanybudd Posts: 3 Member
    I just pop up both pics on preview, move them next to each other, and then screen shot with Shift+Command+4. Tada! Now just go under finder and desktop, and their your side by side pic will be. No programs needed!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Photoshop works great. BTW, congratulations on becoming the proud owner of THE BEST computer, the Macbook PRO!

:smile:
  • smilingchica
    I do have diptic on my iPhone but i wanted something for my laptop so THANK YOU!!!! :drinker:
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Bump
  • larmonkm
    larmonkm Posts: 5 Member
    http://mac.dipticapp.com/

i downloaded this a long time ago on my iphone & ipad and loved it. i downloaded it on the mac a few months ago, and it's great. it does cost 99c, but it's totally worth it.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    I just pop up both pics on preview, move them next to each other, and then screen shot with Shift+Command+4. Tada! Now just go under finder and desktop, and their your side by side pic will be. No programs needed!

This!

MacBooks rule ;)
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    I got an app called pixelmator that I use for artsy related things. It's a good middle area between photoshop and paint.

I think the screen shot sounds like a great idea though, cheap and easy.
  • I just pop up both pics on preview, move them next to each other, and then screen shot with Shift+Command+4. Tada! Now just go under finder and desktop, and their your side by side pic will be. No programs needed!

Thank you
  • you can view photos in the same folder in the biggest size.
    BTW, here's a good photo viewer for Mac, Photo+, maybe you can have a try.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!