Hello!

So I joined MFP around a year ago but then I just kind of forgot about it and fell behind in my routine, blah, blah blah. I'm back now though and I'm ready to lose some weight!

I'm a 21 year old college junior (eep) and I plan on getting into the Police Academy once I graduate. I'm 5'4" and looking to lose about 30-35 pounds. I'm looking for anyone with similar weight loss goals or just someone to help motivate me to be my friend on here!

Replies

• RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Feel free to add me. While we are very different (I'm a 41 yr old male) I'll be more then happy to be there for support. by having friends here, we can modivate everyone. Best of luck :)
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    HELLoooooo Kelleytime09. I am 5'3" looking to lose around 45-50lbs due to already being overweight and recently giving birth to my 2nd child. I'm adding you as a friend so we can support each other. Wish you luck!
  • I'm in. Looking to lose about the same.... Here goes. :)
  • wendy8883
    wendy8883 Posts: 50
    Same goals feel free to add me!!
  • Hello! :D I added most of you. So glad to see that I'm not alone on my weight loss journey!
  • hi, I have just recently joined 2nd day :) i am here to find support and friends, I am 51 years old and not at my best peak, please feel free to add me Trying to lose about 50 to 60 pounds Goal is to get there in the next 6 months
  • bryndakat
    bryndakat Posts: 3 Member
    I'm Brynda, and I just joined here today. I am rededicating myself to this weight loss thing for the hundredth time, but I gotta keep trying! My boyfriend and I are both overweight, so we're working on this together. I need to lose 60 lbs to feel like I'm at a good place. Good luck to everyone!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Hi. I'm Tina, and have been battling extra weight since I was in high school. Marriage (23 years and counting!) and 5 kids later, and I am stuck with much more weight than I ever thought I would. I've been slowly working towards eating healthier over the last year or so. I just joined MFP last month, but didn't really start to use the food and exercise diaries until mid-April. I've dropped 4 lbs so far, but it's a start. Ideally I want to drop another 60 lbs, but I'll be happy if I can get to the point where I can look down and see my toes without bending forward. :smile:

I have an on again/off again love affair with my gym. Right now it's on, and I'm working on a program (C25K) that will hopefully help me to be able to run a 5K. I may not manage it this summer, but I want to be able to by next spring. My kids are grown and almost grown, so I have more time to myself to devote to exercise once my part time job is over for the day, which helps. I am off all summer long and want to devote more time to the gym if I can possibly do it.

I figured it was meant to be, joining this site, when I heard about it from a good friend and then my mother, both within a week of each other, so here I am. I hope to find someone to help motivate each other in this journey.