Cals burned from strength training

Options
Is there a way on MFP that we can track cals burned from strength training? Its frustrating to only be able to record cals burned from cardio.

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    its under cardio exercises "strength training"
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options

I know it is. But it doesnt let me know how many cals burned....only reps, sets etc
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    If you're using an HRM, then you can log it in under Cardio -- like bigbear mentioned, if you plug in Strength Training, it'll pull up a window that will allow you to log the length of your workout and the calories burned... or you can just add your own workout under cardio and do the same thing...
  • missingsocks
    missingsocks Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I know it is. But it doesnt let me know how many cals burned....only reps, sets etc

He means to search for it in the cardio exercise section as "strength training"
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It was meant as
    Exercise > cardio > add exercise > search strength training plug in your time to get a calorioe burn estimate

not that literally...
    exercise >cardio
    and under that is
    strength training
    that part IS where you track reps, sets and weight progress over time.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    If you're using an HRM, then you can log it in under Cardio -- like bigbear mentioned, if you plug in Strength Training, it'll pull up a window that will allow you to log the length of your workout and the calories burned... or you can just add your own workout under cardio and do the same thing...