First time trying Magic Noodles

Options
bekihughes
bekihughes Posts: 59
4 oz of boneless skinless Chicken breats
One package of Magic noodles rice
2 Table spoons of Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame reduced fat dressing

Cook Chicken. Drain noodles and microwave on high for 1 min. Mix all together and enjoy!
I think I will add red and green peppers and some onion to the chicken next time.

140 Calories!

Replies

• mixedcurls826
    Options
    sounds really great and easy!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i got some shirataki noodles last week and made a stir fry with soy sauce and a bunch of vegetables, with meatless chicken pieces. total came out to 75 calories and i was full for about 5 hours. was real tasty too :D i noticed the noodles are better when you saute them
  • tiggerquilt
    tiggerquilt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are Magic Noodles?
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Question already asked but I don't know either - what are magic noodles?
  • rbottom12
    rbottom12 Posts: 27
    Options
    bump
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping for later read
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i would guess that magic noodles are the shirataki noodles.
    they are an asian food, made from yam flour.
    the regular shirataki noodles have 0 calories, and the tofu ones have 20 calories per serving.

they are a pasta subsitute, not that great by themselves. they pretty much absorb what you cook them with, and in a stir fry they are delicious.

they can be found either in the organics next to the tofu, or the regular shirataki noodles can be purchased at an asian market or online.

if you get refular noodles, the best way to cook them is to rinse them under water for several minutes (they have a fishy smell, no fish on it though, they are kept cold and packaged in water) and then to cook them on the skillet instead of boiling (they are pretty much cooked already, just need to heat them)

google shirataki noodles for more information, they are pretty good especially if oyu want to feel full without all the calories and carbs. more used as a filler, so i recommend to make things that have nutritional value with them (such as dark greens, vegetables and protein).
  • hungryheather
    Options
    I couldn't find the "magic noodles" (without soy) locally so I ordered a 6 pack online not long ago. The Magic Noodles have a pretty long non-refrigerated shelf life. I haven't tried them yet.

I've tried the shiratki brand which I purchased in my regular grocery store and liked them well enough but experienced a little indigestion.