New and confused

Options
Hi, I have used myfitnesspal before and I plan to start using it again. I made this new account. I don't know if I put this in the right spot but here it goes.

I have binge eating disorder. I have had it for a year now and I am seeing a doctor and a therapist about it. I am not over weight by any means. Right now I am 132 pounds and I would like to be 114 pounds. I am 5'4 on a good day. I'm very sedentary and dont really exercise except walking to classes.

I am so unhappy with my body. I have body dis morphia disorder also, and I'm having a hard time accepting my body. I'm so confused about the whole calorie thing.

To lose weight MFP put me at 1200 calories a day. I'm scared that using such low calories will trigger my bite eating disorder. I'm having a VERY difficult time with that too, but I think that if I am happy with myself and with my body then my eating disorder will be a little easier to control.

What do you think I should do with my calories? Also, how long do you think it would take me to get to my goal weight? Do you have any tips on recovering from binge eating disorder?

I'm sorry this is so long! I'm just so confused.

Thank you :).

Replies

• steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, if I were in your shoes, I would just eat healthy foods without counting calories right now. You MUST get your eating disorder and body dysmorphia under control before you trigger more destructive thought patterns by counting calories on top of everything else. I wouldn't do a single thing without consulting with your therapist and a nutritionist.
  • lbowd2
    lbowd2 Posts: 12
    Options
    You know, life isn't about who can get to the end with the best looking corpse. Feed your body healthy food, exercise enough so that your body is fit enough to do the things you want it to do, spend your time looking for amazing things to do and interesting people to do them with. Focus on having fun and making the most of every day. Have as much fun as you can and live your life like it's the only one you're going to get...cause it is! Don't make it any more complicated than that. :smile: And lighten up on yourself.