Stress + Emotional Eating

Options
Feeling such stress at work. My boss is so capricious, so of course I feel no job security. I'm having to really FIGHT the urge to eat something (empty calories) just to "feel better".

Replies

• mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    don't do it!!! go for a walk or workout or something. it will help the stress immensely! even stretching or yoga will help. :) good luck!!!
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get that way to sometimes. Lots of stress, and the Hershey fundraiser sitting behind me right now has been whispering at me ALL DAY. Damn the voices... don't give in, stay motivated you can do it :)
  • tllanes
    tllanes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys. I just drank a HUGE glass of water so that I'd feel **really** full, and as soon as work is through today, I am either going for a long walk or hit the gym for an hour. With some Beastie Boys on the iPod!

Seriously, this happens a lot, and I need to manage it. Because at the end of the day, even though my boss (or work, or whatever) stresses me out, I'm the one who has to deal with carrying around all this extra weight.
  • nitrogirl332
    Options
    don't do it!!! go for a walk or workout or something. it will help the stress immensely! even stretching or yoga will help. :) good luck!!!
    I too struggle with this...it's so hard to give in to the want to eat to comfort yourself. I found that yoga is helping me with my stress immensely!!!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    sing your best song in your head and think happy happy!

Drown him out! :laugh:
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So hard to do and I totally understand about emotional eating. The past three weeks were rough and boy did those fatty empty calories look good. I know how it is and I think your smart by just hitting the gym or a walk. Nights Im really stressed a walk does wonders. BTW good Ipod Choice :)
  • tllanes
    Options
    Thanks for all your support and suggestions, you guys. I guess this is something quite a few of us struggle with!
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    If you're an office gal, maybe you can put a sticky note of a motivational quote regarding your journey, somewhere on your desk? The first month at the gym, I used to bring a sticky note that says "Summer's near, you jiggly fat-*kitten*" :laugh: My problem was that I get lazy and half-*kitten*, but it sure help me stick to my goal! Now, I have "It's getting hot, but are you too?" posted on my door, and a "Are you satisfied?" on the side of my desk that my bed is against (it's literally the first and last thing I see when waking up/going to sleep).
  • tllanes
    Options
    LOL! I like that suggestion!
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I fully understand! I am an emotional eater myself. What has worked for me is to plan my meals and most importantly to do what you are doing. Reach out to people or find a couple close people that will keep you accountable. I have found that just talking though whatever I am going though helps a lot
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Apparently my problem is stress eating, emotional eating, boredom eating, i guess just too much eating in general :embarassed: