Best place to buy a women's suit?

Options
VeganPanda
VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
I graduated college a week and a half ago and have my first interview coming up on Friday! Tomorrow I am planning to buy a nice suit, but one I can afford.

What have your experiences been? I'd like something a bit fitted and tailored, not boxy, large, or ill-fitting. I'd like a darker color. Is it better to buy separates or get a matching suit?

I was thinking New York & Company but I have no idea. What other stores would be good? Also, please let me know about pricing. I am quite broke. =) Thanks ladies!

Replies

• VeganPanda
    Options
    Bump!!
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    *crickets*
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Talbots, Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Limited. Don't know if they will fit your budget - you can sign up for mailing lists to get coupons by email. Sale rack can be helpful too.

Would suggest dark grey or navy jacket with matching pants and/or skirt. Avoid pinstripes or patterns if these will be foundation pieces. This will be easier to change the look with the top and jewelry without people realizing you are wearing the same thing.
  • cerealqueen
    cerealqueen Posts: 44
    Options
    Just got a reasonably priced suit from H&M :)
  • TheJayRay01
    TheJayRay01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    dress barn is wear i bought mine :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Before you bump your own thread wait a few hours.

Dress barn and Kohls are where I get all my suits. If you get separates make sure to get the same material even if you select different colors for top and bottom.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Just got a reasonably priced suit from H&M :)

H&M is cheap!
    Also, forever 21 or if you have a marshalls , tj maxx or other discount stores in your area you can get great stuff very reasonable!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Banana Republic and Zara have some simple, classic cuts. Mexx is good too....
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My closet is full of suits from The Limited. I love them. I have some that are 6 years old and look brand new. Check on the clearance rack for some awesome deals.

Good luck on the career!
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    Before you bump your own thread wait a few hours.

Couldn't help it, very impatient and nervous! :smile:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Reitmans.