Disappointed and Discourage

Options
This past week and a half I have kind of fell off and I haven't been exercising that much or really watching what I eat me and my fiancé are going to Vegas June 14 and now I feel it's to late to lose the 20 pounds I wanted to lose I’m very disappointed in myself because I was doing so well and all of a sudden I just fell off track now I feel all my hard work is down the drain and the weight I wanted to lose for Vegas Is out the door. I’m still trying to keep myself motivated and get back on track is there any advice to help me get back on the right road? How? I know I’m going to work out really hard today to make up for some lost time.

Replies

• mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi,

First of all, don't beat yourself up over it. It's okay, it happens to everyone. You have already made the first step by making the choice to change things. You still have a solid month to lose a few pounds if you want to. :) I'll be happy to help you in any way that I can. :) Keep your chin up.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Please don't quit! You're one of my pals and you inspire me to keep going! I know it's hard and sometimes I want to quit too. I don't have any advice to give other than telling you I've been there and I understand how you feel.
    One thing i have learned is that the scale is not the best measuring tool. Have you taken measurements? One of my other pals asked me why I am concerned what the scale says over what the tape measure says... I'm the only one who sees the number on the scale and everyone else sees the same results that the tape measure sees.

So you've "fallen" off the wagon... you're strong, you can get back up and keep going. THAT's a true measure of strength right there! Even if you don't lose the 20 lbs by Vegas, you'll still be healthier and waaaaay more fit by then no matter what the scale says! (May I also recommend the 30 day shred? I had lost 7.5 inches by day 14... so it has definitely measurable fast results)
  • lovely411
    lovely411 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That would be nice thank you I'm willing to except any help I can get
  • cheynbrian
    cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started but I can tell right now this journey is going to be bringing lots of emotions including disappointment and discouragement. You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow right? :) I think not looking back and not worrying about what you didn't do and just looking to the future of what your GOING to do would be my advice! :) good luck! :)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will tend to itself, focus on today.
  • lovely411
    lovely411 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Skeena yes I have taken some measurments and I do need to stop focusing so much on the scale. I was doing 30 day shred and now starting it back up I hope to see some good results from it. I just need to stay positive and focus on the bigger picture!
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes it sucks that you fell off the wagon. BUT you are trying to get back on track. I dont recomend trying to lose 20 pds in a month, BUT a good 10 pds is totally reasonable. So you dont make your goal by Vegas....at least you will be well on your way :) And as someone else said....inches is way better to lose than pounds! Are your clothes looser? Thats what you should look at. Good luck and have an awesome trip!
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't Give Up! You have realized you have made an error, so brush it off and get back with. There is no need to get upset with yourself, we all have those ups and downs. Its how you face them that matters. Sounds like your already starting to head in the right direction.
  • MammaKess
    MammaKess Posts: 6
    Options
    You totally got this! Half the battle is realizing you stopped...and then starting again! Bam - you already did that! =) So get going and do your best until your trip...and by all means - have a blast!!!
  • bruinstar
    bruinstar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going through cause Im in the same boat right now. It's hard when you lose that motivation and mine has been gone for the past 2 weeks. But tomorrow is a new day and all you can really do is take it one day at a time. Make the most of the time you have to exercise and really focus on eating right. Best of luck to you! Have fun in Vegas :)
  • hcglindsey
    hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    cuts your carbs for 10 days ! eggs,chicken,yogurt,veggies
  • kristimcb2605
    Options
    Hi,

First - never beat yourself for falling off. It is a re-affirmation of the work you have done.

Second - nothing in life is a failure if you dust yourself off and start over. A Journey of a Thousand Miles starts with One Step.

Third - be happy inside and the weight will come off easier. Vegas is a great goal, but also include feeling happy inside. If you don't make the 20 lbs, it's ok. If you lose 5 lbs, you have a start.

Fourth - keep your spirit up and know that others are struggling like you. My motto is "I bounce well."

Either way - 20lbs or 5 lbs, focus on having a lot of fun in Vegas with the one you love!

Kristi
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've been using this site since January and lost almost 40 lbs. I just got back from vacation 2 weeks ago, and have found it hard to get back on track....I've gained 5 lbs and have been yo-yoing those 5 lbs for a couple weeks. I always seem to give up around this time every time I start a diet. I'm not letting it happen this time. This site hashelped me so much and all the wonderful ppl I've met that cheer me on.
    The fact that you are asking for advice and help shows me you are motivated....so you have been off the wagon, it's not to late to jump back on....so you may not lose the 20 lbs you wanted by June but you could lost 10 by then which would be fantastic!!!! You can do this!!!!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    As they say in sports .. if you're in a slump -- you got to shrug off the past few games. Put them behind you. And start all afresh.

For me, i try to pray to God for a bit of help. Each day is a new day. Fresh slate in the morning.
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Let me tell u something I have a weeding in June I wanted go down 15-20lb started January 16 and I only lost like 10lb need to weight my self this week and see I'm not gonna make it but a lost is better than nothing I feel like giving up at times but instead I choose not to weight my self until I feel better so keep on going don't give think of what u have achieve and don't weight ur self For now
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't easy - the only way to get there is to persist with healthy eating and a bit of exercise for a LONG time.
    Pinning your hopes on a particular number by a particular date is a risky strategy - you have to fnd something that you can do for the long term, not just a short term intense "diet" that you can't keep up.
    Enjoy your trip away - and remember that your enjoyment shouldn't be affected by whether the scale shows a particular number.
    Just get some good habits and keep going with them!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    cuts your carbs for 10 days ! eggs,chicken,yogurt,veggies

Really?
    Doesn't this just give her a much better chance of arriving in Vegas hungry and grumpy.... And how will that make her trip any better?
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you Skeena yes I have taken some measurments and I do need to stop focusing so much on the scale. I was doing 30 day shred and now starting it back up I hope to see some good results from it. I just need to stay positive and focus on the bigger picture!

Hmmm the old scale love hate relationship... as I tell everyone, if you are strictly dieting then the scale will give you the big picture, if you are working out... throw it away. Instead of weighing yourself measure yourself. The scale will not move much when you are swapping soft and pudgy for firm and solid... in fact the numbers may even go up depending on how much muscle you put on... I'm not sure what size you are striving for but I am sure it will not relate to some weight listed on the web for someone that doesn't have any muscle.