Hi, I'm New and Need Support and Motivation!

Options
LadyVivica
LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
I was just diagnosed with fatty liver disease and I have to lose weight NOW. I have exercised in the past in college 3-5 times a week running and some aerobics and weight training. I walked around campus all day long but now i have graduated and settled into a sedentary lifestyle and have really packed on the pounds.

I'm 5'7" and am 220 lbs. I have little muscle mass and want to lose fat and build endurance. My endurance is so low and i've had to start from scratch about two months ago. I began running/walking for 30 mins every day and I lost 5 lbs since then but it has leveled off and stayed the same. I have completely changed my died to low glycemic/gluten free and I have always been a big water drinker, I just drink a diet soda once every couple days. I have a big sweet tooth and that has been my biggest hurtle so far. That and motivation. So far my biggest motivation is depression because I hate how I look and it makes me very sad that i've let myself go so much.

I have attempted to lose weight seriously 2 years ago but stress and lack of time got in the way. I moved into a new city and have not made any friends that I can look to for support so I'm hoping this community will help motivate me =)

Replies

• jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have liver issues as well, although of a different sort. I take livercel supplements, totally helps. I'll definitely help support you!
  • sapphireblu64
    sapphireblu64 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We are always our worst critics. You are in the right place to acheive your goals, you will find much need encouragement and before long......Well i won't say but you will know it when it happens. Feel free to add me. I have been logging in for alittle les that a month now.
  • LadyVivica
    Options
    Thank you =) I forgot to mention that I started Insanity and Hip Hop Abs yesterday and am on day two =)

I did the fit test Monday night and that was SO HARD. Tuesday morning I ran for 15 mins then did Ab Sculpt Insanity then the Hip Hop abs intro video. Tuesday after my 15 min run, I completed (to the best of my ability) the cardio video for Insanity and the 6 min abs from Hip Hop ABS. I just need to stay exercising everyday with the 1-2 day break a week. It is so hard for me to exercise because I was always laughed at by my family. =(
  • sapphireblu64
    sapphireblu64 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hey your doing good. i would love to run but i just cant deal with those shin splints. everyone tells me i need to continue and they will work themselves out. they just hurt so bad. your running, you should be proud.
  • LadyVivica
    Options
    I run pretty slowly so they don't get bad at all and sometimes I don't even get them. But they do get better after awhile, I had them bad in high school when we had to run in gym, but after awhile they went away. You just have to care for your joints and maintain proper running posture and form.

I'm pretty impressed with myself that I have made it this far (even though its only been 2 days). I just need to keep going, My bf is gone for the next two weeks and hopefully I can keep this up till he comes home then we can start doing it together. I haven't told him yet about me doing way more than just running. We are both taking better care of our health but he's always been skinny and my pounds are just piling up and my liver is causing me to be tired all the time.

I am taking supplements (multivitamin and calcium (because I take Prilosec everyday)) and have had energy problems for years. They just became worse and I was taking b12 shots from the doctor till they found that my liver is why I am having low energy.
  • hcglindsey
    hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is educate yourself! After hours and hours of research im ready to start my journey.Go on youtube and look at videos from personal trainers...my favorite is leansecrets.com and leanbodylifstyle.YOU can do it if you look at food as feeding your body and not pleasure.I have a sweet tooth as well so i live for Stevia( zero cal suger) you may want to look into ways to rev your metabolism and detoxify your liver( milkthistle)GOOD luck
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:

My brother was diagnosed with the same thing a couple of years ago. He turned it all around with diet and exercise. He is now doing great!:happy:

Wishing you great success in your journey to a heathier you! :drinker:
  • LadyVivica
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I did know about the Milkthistle, but I don't think it will make that much of a difference than changing my diet. I was diagnosed and changed my diet two months ago. Diet is fine except for times when I'm out of town at races and visiting family and have no choice but to eat a track cheeseburger :ohwell:

I still have energy problems and somedays I can't even get out of bed, working on it so hard though lol
  • Outdoorsman50
    Outdoorsman50 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would be honored to help in any way I can! Keep up the awesome workouts keep going strong. : )
  • Hollsjazzy
    Hollsjazzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Protein, Protein, Protein oh and Fiber! =) Fuel those muscles!! =) If you need some support feel free to add me up!=) Im on daily and would love to help in anyway possible!
  • JessMomma
    JessMomma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Feel Free to add me. Your on the right path. MFP is great for accountability!
  • Mrswalsh81
    Mrswalsh81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI, im quite new to this too, if you need some support, im here :smile:
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with fatty liver over a year ago. My big problem was inactivity and sugar.

I stopped sources of wrong sugars, but kept getting my fix from more fruit, etc. and increased activity level just a little bit and lost about 80lb in about 10 months last year. MFP helped me when the activity dropped off at times due to other health reasons (flu, foot problems).

Just having friends here helps me to keep going. In motivating others I have set the benchmark for myself.

Friend requests always welcome.
  • Lindamack5987
    Lindamack5987 Posts: 121
    Options
    I run pretty slowly so they don't get bad at all and sometimes I don't even get them. But they do get better after awhile, I had them bad in high school when we had to run in gym, but after awhile they went away. You just have to care for your joints and maintain proper running posture and form.

I'm pretty impressed with myself that I have made it this far (even though its only been 2 days). I just need to keep going, My bf is gone for the next two weeks and hopefully I can keep this up till he comes home then we can start doing it together. I haven't told him yet about me doing way more than just running. We are both taking better care of our health but he's always been skinny and my pounds are just piling up and my liver is causing me to be tired all the time.

I am taking supplements (multivitamin and calcium (because I take Prilosec everyday)) and have had energy problems for years. They just became worse and I was taking b12 shots from the doctor till they found that my liver is why I am having low energy.
    What are the other symptoms of fatty liver?