Anyone Else working on their first 5K?

Options
So I started training for my first 5k about 5 weeks ago using a C25K schedule. I just did my first transition from 2 min run / 2 min walk to 4 min run / 2 min walk on Monday. I was really excited to make the transition but now my legs are pretty sore. Going to go run day two in a little bit.

How is everyone's training going and what kind of time are you hoping to finish in for your first race?

Replies

• bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I did the program on the treadmill starting January 1 and found some weeks just totally tough. My legs ached, It does get better. 2 weeks ago I started running outside & needed to go back to week 6 as it is much harder and I find I am a bit sore again. Tomorrow AM will attempt a 25 minute run out side. My 5 K is June 9. I am feeling good about it. What is the worst that can happen...I have to walk a minute or 2. It is all good & better than I could have ever done in my life.
  • Punxeh
    Punxeh Posts: 3
    Options
    I did the C25K last fall. It really does work, I was amazed. It's a good program.
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm on w6d2. I'm going to try my first outside run tomorrow morning and I'm really nervous about it. My 5k is scheduled for 6/16 and I would like to run it all and in under 35 min, but not sure if that's a realistic time. My main goal is to run the entire thing.
    Good luck!
  • maynarz
    maynarz Posts: 9
    Options
    Yeah I have been doing a mix of outside and inside on a treadmill depending on the day and weather. I find that running outside is surprisingly easier for me but am usually more sore than running on the treadmill. My 5K is on June 23rd and I would love to be able to complete the whole thing without walking but we will see. I am planning on running it with my girlfriend and our dog which should be fun. Good luck to everyone who has posted so far.