50 lbs lost in 4 months!

Options
katgirl985
katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
Hi there,

My name is Katie, and I am a serial yo-yo dieter, an emotional eater, and a couch potato. Well, I at least used to be.

I've tried infomercial diets and workouts, "fad" diets, and just "eating healthfully." I've sporadically worked out for most of my adult life, but when I started grad school 4 years ago that mostly went out the window and I spend a whole lot of time sitting on my booty. And there was a lot of going to bars and eating fried food, binge eating sweets, and not caring what I put in my body.

I ignored my weight for so long that I didn't realize how heavy I had gotten. The weight slowly crept on, a pound here, a pound there, and I kind of just ignored it. I ignored that the sizes on my clothing were going up and adopted the "I don't care how much I weigh, I'm healthy" attitude. Of course I was terrified to go to the doctor because I didn't want to know if I had a problem with my blood sugar or cholesterol, etc. I just wanted to live in ignorant bliss.

My friends and I decided to start a friendly, casual competition in January, and when I stepped on the scale to weigh in I can't say I was completely shocked to see that I was 296.5 lbs. Maybe not shocked, but devastated. I didn't want to admit that MY OWN ACTIONS led to me weighing nearly 300 lbs.

So I committed to myself to get healthy. And really committed. This is the first time that I have really really 100% with all of my being committed to losing the weight. That is why I always seemed to put it back on before -- I wasn't completely invested in myself.

I started eating consciously and logging every single bite on MFP. I started working out. Cardio at first, then worked up to lifting. When I hadn't "fallen off the wagon" after 10 weeks, I hired a personal trainer. It cost me a small fortune, but it was worth it! I consider it an investment in myself.

I've had numerous NSV's -- little things like being able to tie my shoes without losing my breath; having more energy; buying smaller clothing; bloodwork improving. So many positive reinforcements.

And this morning I stepped on the scale to weigh in and the number showed something that I have been anticipating for the past few weeks.

I have OFFICIALLY lost 50 pounds.

I never thought it would be possible, especially not in 4 months.

But it is. My goal was to get under 200 lbs by Christmas and I am well on pace. I will weigh less by Christmas than I did when I graduated from high school. Less than when I met my husband. (Almost there already!) I had my husband take some photos tonight because I have trouble visualizing how much I have lost. I still have a long way to go, but I am off to such a strong start I want to share!

I know I can do this! WE can do this!

wl7k.jpg

Direct link to photo above: http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp260/katatdisney/Slide1.jpg

I've lost 10 x THIS AMOUNT:

1and5poundsfat.jpg

Feel free to send me a friend request if you like, but please include a message. :happy:

Replies

• RNatalie83
    RNatalie83 Posts: 20
    Options
    You look fantasic! Very inspirational story :)
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    wonderful accomplishment!!
  • dez1106
    dez1106 Posts: 8
    Options
    amazing work! you look fabulous!! (:
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You have been really dedicated! Good for you. :)
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are making awesome progress!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's great, you look amazing and happy! Congrats!
  • SDFPacheco
    SDFPacheco Posts: 6
    Options
    You look great Katie!!!!!!! You are an inspiration, for sure! We actually started at the exact same weight! I rounded it up to 297lbs. Great to see how many changes you've made on the scale, in your clothing size, and your overall physique. Thanks for sharing!
  • Loveiiittt
    Loveiiittt Posts: 10
    Options
    THAT IS MORE THAN AWESOME!!!! YAY YOU! :)
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Way to go
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome congrats! Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to me. WIsh I could afford a personal trainer but with a kid on the way to BCU I can't spare much.
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING! Way better than I ever thought I could do. I also started at 296, but I am only down to 276 and thatis in a year and 2 monthes :( I really have tyo buckle down! You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You have done such a great job!!!! You look so good, keep up the good work. :)
  • Bryanslady
    Bryanslady Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    awesome job !!!!!
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!

I love reading through the success stories myself, they give me so much inspiration, especially when I feel I am struggling. When I hit 50 lbs, I thought it would be a good time to share one of my own. :heart:

I really appreciate all of the positive feedback. People on this site are so helpful, friendly, and SUPPORTIVE. Thank ALL OF YOU!
  • LAURIEANNFRANCES
    Options
    Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are doing Fantastic, I love the pics of the old clothes its so hard for a person to see the weight loss themselves, you can see your clothes don't fit but its hard to see the chenges in your own body. Your doing Great keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal in no time............................
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    woohoo!

You're doing awesome! So excited for you :)
  • QOTC
    QOTC Posts: 20
    Options
    Fantastic job; you look wonderful!
  • Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Keep up the good work! You look beautiful and SO HAPPY!!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. Looking forward to my 50 pound weigh loss. You so wonderful.
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!! keep up the good work!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!