Already Introduced Myself, But...

Options
I started this account a few weeks ago, and was all set to really kickstart my weight loss plan. Then, I ended up having severe abdominal pains that landed me in the hospital for a week. I ended up needing to have my gallbladder removed. Following several weeks of soreness, me being nauseous a lot of the time as I figured out what I could and couldn't eat, and other not-so-fun things, I am finally ready to start trying again.

So, I'm introducing myself again. I'm around 360 or so, and my MAIN goal is to lose as much as possible before I graduate from college next year. The current plan is somewhere between 75 and 100 pounds in a year to a year and a half. So totally possible!

My main problem is motivation and, yes, cravings. I get TERRIBLE food cravings where I feel like I just have to eat, eat, eat until I'm totally full. (Yeah, I tend to binge.)

So my IMMEDIATE goals are to--

1.) Start tracking my food intake EVERY DAY, and avoiding binging.

and

2.) Getting enough motivation to work out a reasonable number of times per week.

Right now I'm actually off for the summer, so I have plenty of time to get on track with these things. So, there we are. I'm not really saying anything new (or interesting) I know, but I would love to make friends and find people who can hold me accountable for my not-so-good days :)

So that's it for now. Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Replies

• L8Knight
    L8Knight Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey,
    New to posting around here too. How do you feel about having the time off? Personally with too much free time on my hand I'll find myself eating out of boredom.
  • MegNMoore1987
    Options
    Yeah, I'm definitely worried about that too. For the past few days I've been trying to figure out ways to get out of the house so at least I'm not too tempted by food. Coffee shops are okay for that, as long as I stick to plain coffee with artificial sweeteners while I'm there. Since I'm a writer I'm also tempted to make myself hang out at the library over the summer, since I definitely won't be picking up random snacks there.
  • L8Knight
    L8Knight Posts: 6
    Options
    What kinda stuff do you write? Also hope you don't mind, went ahead and friended you (think it's good to have people around my age to talk to)
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just getting out and walking and seeing what's around you is good too. Especially when those food cravings come on...You can do this.
  • diana776
    diana776 Posts: 54
    Options
    You can accomplish your goals you just have to keep yourself motivated and think how do u want to look when you finish this process, when it comes to eating snacks choose healthier ones like small pieces of fruit or nuts and not buying like cookies with tons of sugar in them or chips and that kind of bad food :P even though its hard trust me! i love chocolate and i have tried changing it for dark chocolate when i workout a loooot i do eat a piece of cadbury chocolate or someone similar :).. Personally I think everything is possible I have lost 20 pounds and 8 more when i joined this site in total 28 ..Anyways if you need help or motivation , feel free to add me!!
    Diana
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Wow, sorry to hear about the gallbladder! You're welcome to add me as a friend :) I have been trying to stop my cravings, boredom eating, and stuffing myself until I feel sick -- so I'll just letyou know its totally possible to stop binging but it does take some work!
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had similar stomach problems. That dropped a lot of weight. Keeping it off once you're better is harder. Good Luck. Oh and when you want to eat out of boredom think are you really hungry. If you are get a small portioned snack.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to step one of your journey. I don't actually have a time limit I just want to get healthier. More than welcome to add all friends that are going to hang out and do this. So friend me if you want and i will support you as often as i can:wink:
  • MegNMoore1987
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think the first step for me is going to be actually developing a community and a support system through sites like this. It's just a matter of having to convince myself that I don't have to go through this alone, I suppose.