I need people that are willing to tell me

Options
That eating that high calorie brownie when there is an option for something healthy is NOT okay. Everyone tells me that "its okay, you'll work it off tomorrow!" No, I need friends that will push me to burn 500 calories at least, and will say to my face that going 200 over my daily allowance is not okay. I am a push over and I need friend son here to balance me out, and I'm most likely not to eat bad stuff if friends that push me to do better will see.

Replies

• LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    NO ITS NOT OK!!! Do your friends want you to succeed?? Its ok now and then as a treat. If you really want a brownie, have half. Its ok for them to say you can work it off tmro, they arent the ones who have to bust their *kitten* twice as hard. If you keep eating the brownies, any exercise you do will be for nothing and you are defeating the purpose of exercising in the first place. You can do it. Work half a brownie into your calories if you really want one. :-))
  • Pistolcoach
    Pistolcoach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your friends to help you? I mean, have you really had a serious conversation with your peeps in which you say something like "look, I am not happy with this version of me. I'm working really hard to make a change but I'm not really all that strong yet, so if you could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. could you please remind me that brownies aren't a good choice for me. I need the help, i make enough excuses for myself! PLEASE, help me get my sexy back!?" :)

or some variation of that??? if you have done that and your friends still have trouble supporting you, you might need to structure your time with them so that it doesn't put you at risk (avoid meals with them etc..)

GOOD LUCK!
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    you gotta TELL those friends of yours to be more empathetic. I can say it like it is:)
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think people like to see others fail. Not that its never okay to have a cheat day, but you know what they say, misery loves company. YOU know when its okay for you to eat extra calories and when it isn't. Don't let other people manage your destiny!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on how many calories you are eating. If you are eating well below your BMR, I would encourage you to eat more. If you are eating well above your TDEE, I would tell you that you did not need 2 pieces of cake for breakfast...
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Put that brownie down.

Cut it into four equal pieces and eat one each day over the next four days.

There. Now you can work THAT off tomorrow instead.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hey! Have an apple!
  • stampinmama
    stampinmama Posts: 30
    Options
    Have you asked your friends to help you? I mean, have you really had a serious conversation with your peeps in which you say something like "look, I am not happy with this version of me. I'm working really hard to make a change but I'm not really all that strong yet, so if you could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. could you please remind me that brownies aren't a good choice for me. I need the help, i make enough excuses for myself! PLEASE, help me get my sexy back!?" :)

or some variation of that??? if you have done that and your friends still have trouble supporting you, you might need to structure your time with them so that it doesn't put you at risk (avoid meals with them etc..)

GOOD LUCK!

EXCELLENT ADVICE!
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I HATE, as in absolutely DREAD talking about health and fitness with most of my real life friends. Because they aren't trying to accomplish what i am trying to accomplish. It's why I'm on MFP - to have an online community of support!

Do you have the iphone phone and use the community feature? Every time you're going to make a bad decision status update on MFP about your temptation and how you're going to resist it. Don't say anything to your real-life friends, just skip the brownies. After you've successfully deterred eating the brownie status update about how good you feel that you made a positive decision. Your MFP friends will be there to boost your confidence in your decision :)
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Maybe your friends are trying to help you by saying that everyone makes "mistakes" so you won't feel guilty about having a treat like a brownie once in a while. Everything in moderation. In addition, you may find friends that will motivate you to eat "smarter", but what it ultimately boils down to is you being accountable for your own choices.
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    I need friends that will push me as well.
    I ate out at a restaurant last night and it was one of the worst food days I've had since starting MFP and I got comments saying things like, "good day" and "good job eating today" and I was sitting there wondering if they even looked at my diary or if they were just commenting to make themselves look supportive.
    I need friends who will be understanding and supportive, but also keep me in line and say something if they notice that I'm eating junk day after day.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    dont hate the brownie, just make um difrent
  • magmendoza
    magmendoza Posts: 5
    Options
    DONT PUT YOURSELF DOWN THATS WHY ALOT OF US FAIL, YOU KNOW YOU ATE THAT BROWNIE ....WHAT'S DONE IS DONE.....JUST GET UP AND DO AN EXTRA SET OF SQUATS OR LUNGES BIG MUSCLES BURN THE MOST CALORIES, THEN START FRESH AGAIN THE NEXT DAY... DON'T GIVE UP OR PUT YOURSELF DOWN
  • koalalovely
    koalalovely Posts: 13 Member
    Options

GOOD LUCK!

My friends are, well how can I say this without being mean (since they are my friends after all), "big boned" and they think there is nothing wrong being 300lbs plus. They know I am trying to loose the excess since my grandmother died of a massive stroke because of her eating habits. They just dont see being 220 a big deal, they see what I'm doing a way to make room to eat MORE. I've tried to explain, but they refuse to understand. They like being heavy set.