5 days=8 lbs off! :) new here!

Options
Hello!! i started taking phentermine 37.5 on Saturday 05/12/2012 to decrease my appetite and my goal is 1200 cals daily, i have been under them since i started which is something i hate because i know is not good for your body, but because of work and time i havent been able to eat appropiately and before i started the diet i was eating mostly fast food and take out, and together with a hormonal imbalance i was gaining too much weight weekly and super fast, i gained about 100 pounds in less than a year. I decided to start my diet and im 8 lbs off today 05/16/2012 already, i still have a long way to go! my goal is 100 so wish my luck! If you are on a similar situation i would love to know how you do it!

Thanks and Good Luck!

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When my Zumba is held at 4:30 I often don't get home until 7-8 pm, if that is the case then I'll eat a nutty protein bar @ 230 calories to get me through the night. I keep the bar in my vehicle to eat on the way home.

As I often swim laps after zumba, and then sit in the sauna for 20-45 minutes.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :smile:

I am not in your exact situation but if you would like support you can friend me :flowerforyou:
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job! I see you're from Fort Lauderdale-- I was just visiting my sister there last week. Friend request sent.
  • EAS1992
    EAS1992 Posts: 16
    Options
    i wish you the best of luck ! and if you're looking for a friend feel free to add me (:
  • andreaclu
    andreaclu Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!! Good luck to you all! Dealing with PCOS is not easy so... This time im giving 100% dedication!
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck! You are off to a GREAT START. Feel free to add me :)
  • andreaclu
    Options
    Thank you! Same for you too!! ;)
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Nice job :) (it may be just water weight though, but nevertheless that's great!)
    Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I have PCOs too and a lot of other medical issues. I had lap band surgery and have lost over 100 lbs total (26 lbs before and over 80 afterwards). I've been low glycemic and low carbing it. IT's important to get enough protein or you lose muscle mass (check with your Dr if you have medical issues like CKD). Also, I exercise but I can't exercise as vigorously as a lot of people because I have severe FMS related to being a carrier of the FMR-1 gene and probable FXTAS). Good luck to you with your weight loss!
  • andreaclu
    Options
    Thank you badapdos...! good luck!

Bandedtriarn, 100 lbs off? that is wonderful!!! thank god you got everything under control now! 2 years ago i lost 70 pounds in 6 months and kept the goal weight it for 2 years, but last year i was having hormonal problems and got diagnosed with PCOS i gained more than i lost before in less than a year.... so my body was going crazy! Thank you for sharing your story!! and i wish you the best!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You lost 70 lbs in 6 mos before...that's amazing!
  • andreaclu
    Options
    Thank you!! i know.. i dont even know how i did it anymore.. lol it feels like it was another person... but here we go again!! good luck to you!
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    just remember not to think of it as a diet, think of it as a life change. I have lost 50 lbs in about 7 months, just go to the gym and watch ur cals. Plan ur meals the day before, that helps a lot as well.
  • ANDREA0108
    ANDREA0108 Posts: 28
    Options
    HI IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SUPPORT, I CAN HELP. ADD ME WELCOME ! YOU CAN ADD ME IF YOU'D LIKE
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try to be supportive as much as possible - feel free to add me
  • andreaclu
    Options
    Tank you guys!! Good luck to you too!