Runners: Nike+ Sportband - anyone used it?

Options
It isn't a heart rate monitor, but rather used to measure pace, distance and calories burned while running/walking. Seems to be getting good reviews, I was interested to know if any MFP'ers have tried it?

Replies

• MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I use it to tell how far I have run that part of it is pretty accurate. I have tested it on a track. As far as calories burned not so accurate but I use a HRM for that.
  • jeffwyeg
    Options
    It isn't a heart rate monitor, but rather used to measure pace, distance and calories burned while running/walking. Seems to be getting good reviews, I was interested to know if any MFP'ers have tried it?

I haven't used it, but I can't see it being all that accurate for calories burned (not like an HRM would be) but I would imagine it would be alright for distance & pace (same as a pedometer would be).

There's my 0.02...

Jeff @ YEG
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the Nike+ kit, but don't like Nike shoes so I put it on my current shoe around the laces (they sell little pouches for it). I absolutely LOVE it. The cool thing about it, is that when you program your iPod to run with Nike+, it will tell you how far you've gone / how far you have left / calories burned / average time per mile / etc. if you want it to. The program on the Web site is also really cool, because you can chart your progress: you can create a training plan or use one of their's and it will tell you how much you should run that day. Once you load your runs into iTunes, it will chart them and show you what you've completed.

I suggest checking it out if you haven't already. :smile: