Gnocchi

Options
2»

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd seen this before I went to the grocery store. Gnocchi and pesto sounds divine.

I wonder how my system would handle gnocchi right now! :smile:
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Damn, this looks fantastic! I love gnocchi and love mac & cheese...why have I never thought to combine the two?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd seen this before I went to the grocery store. Gnocchi and pesto sounds divine.

I wonder how my system would handle gnocchi right now! :smile:
    If you're talking about the fat content, it should be fine... depending on what kind of sauce you put in it. And that mac & cheese recipe is a no-go for sure!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty badass gnocci dish with pesto, caramelised red onion, mushrooms, and halloumi. Not brilliantly healthy, alas =P.

But that does sound delicious! My favourite is just gnocchi and pesto, but creme fraiche, smoked salmon and spring onions is pretty good too!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love gnocchi! Did you know you can only order it in nice restaurants in Rome on Thursdays? I don't know why, but thought I'd share that piece of possibly useless info.

Or possibly very useful info! I didn't know that, but it would explain why my Roman friends looked slightly worried when I expressed a desire for gnocchi at the weekend...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Pass d gnocchi on d lef' hand side.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm I'm making gnocchi tonight... in a spicy tomato sauce with bacon, olives and capers.... OH YUM YUM. Plus... it's Thursday in NZ ;)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    shhhhhhh!! napping.

You mean.... Gnapping :smile:

I love GOOD gnocchi - my husband makes a delicous version that is boiled and then panfried in butter and served with melted butter and sage. It is extremely high in calories but VERY good to have occasionally.
  • Persephone2003
    Persephone2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite way to eat Gnocchi is with cauliflower that's been tossed with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and sage in a bag then roasted for about 20 mins. So simple yet so amazingly delicious and good for you!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love homemade Gnocchi, tossed in a tomato sauce with olives and roasted red peppers, delish :tongue:
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty badass gnocci dish with pesto, caramelised red onion, mushrooms, and halloumi. Not brilliantly healthy, alas =P.
    sounds good!
    But that does sound delicious! My favourite is just gnocchi and pesto, but creme fraiche, smoked salmon and spring onions is pretty good too!
    sounds even better YUM so now i'm hungry:wink:
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm this is SO SO GOOD :D
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Yum Gnocchi!!