alaska girl

Options
vedra_b
vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
hello from alaska i am a stay at home mother of 5 who has let myself get way out of shape. i lost my oldest son 6 months ago and have had sever depression since. i am getting back on track and learning to make my health a priority. i hope get some encuragment and be encuraging to others. I know how much i need to live life to the fullest and i just cant do it with all this weight.

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for your loss, must be a really hard time for you and your family. But keep it up!, your son is looking at you right now and he is proud of you.
    Feel free to add me!
    BTW.. I would LOVE to live in Alaska someday =)
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I lost my mom a few years ago, and I gained a bunch of weight from that loss. It's soooooooooo hard to lose someone so close. I am so sorry for you. It's going to take a while, but you will make it through OK. 6 months isn't that long of a time, so make sure you try to give yourself some slack. You're not gonna make it every day, and that's totally OK. Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm slowly getting back to where I was, when I was happy and skinny!! You can totally do it too. Friend me if you want! I'll try to keep cheering you on.
  • gabriellejmgb
    Options
    Hi Vedra,
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I am here for you. I will add you as a friend. We can do it.
  • jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! You all can add me if you want!
  • vedra_b
    Options
    thank you all for your support. its been such a roller coaster ride there are days i think my brain is just going to over load! i truly need all the encuragment i can get and i hope i can give some back
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am also in Alaska. Good luck to you!
  • SARAH7378
    SARAH7378 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your son. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll be losing that weight!! Best of luck.
  • Kalebs8mom
    Options
    So very sorry for your lost! It will take time, but you can do it and your supporters will be here to help you. Please add me on as a friend.
  • UnalaskaMel
    Options
    Hey! I'm very sorry for your loss! I'm also in Alaska, a sort of stay at home mom (have some part time jobs) I'm in the Aleutians...where are you?
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi Vedra welcome to MFP I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it was so hard loosing my parents I can't begin to imagine how tough it is to loose a child. This is an amazingly supportive place and not jut for weightloss for all lifes ups and downs.

Please feel free to add me as a friend as I know all to well about feeling guilty about taking time to look after yourself when there are so many other things and people you need to take care of ahead of you on the list.

I live in the UK but Alaska looks like an amazing place to live I'm quite envious of all you guys out there :smile:
  • ACC907
    Options
    Hello Vedra!!

i am in Anchorage, where are you. it is Thanksgiving today and based on what I have read, this may be a tough day for you! Maybe we could get together for a walk? Are you still on track or need a buddy to help. I could use a buddy that I do not work with. You can email me at Mithrilak@aol.com. Peace!!
  • vedra_b
    Options
    Just came back thank you all. For your support I needed to heal my heater be for I could heal my body. It's still broken but I'm learning to live again