Energy Drinks?

Options
Has anyone tried the energy drink "Redline" from VPX? My guy brought me home some this morning. 0carbs, 0 sugar, 0calories......and wow.......125mg of caffeine. It tastes pretty good......actually, much better than redbull........anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had tried it and what they thought about it. He picked it up and the local toot'n'totum conv. store.

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot, it packs way more of a kick than Red Bull. If you read the fine print on there, it says that a serving is half a can! If you haven't ever had it, I'd drink just the half. And make sure you don't have a completely empty stomach. After you know how much of a kick it gives you, then i'd up it to a can.
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I always have 2 energy drinks a week for my early morning class. I plan for the cals but the sugars kick my butt!
  • deamarie
    Options
    I really love Diet Turbo Tea. It only has 90mg of caffeine per bottle so no jittery effect. That is the only caffeine I drink so it is just enough to give me the boost I need. I drink it 30 minutes before a workout and it does the trick!
  • jeffwyeg
    Options
    You could always try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk

(Careful...there's some NSFW language in these)

Seriously though, watch out for the energy drinks...they can be dangerous and probably aren't the best way to get yourself going.
    If you read the fine print on there, it says that a serving is half a can! If you haven't ever had it, I'd drink just the half.

+1 on this...and from the VPX website:
    Always begin use with one-quarter bottle (0.63 fl. oz. [about three capfuls]) of REDLINE® POWER RUSH® daily to assess tolerance. Never exceed more than one half (1/2) bottle per 7 hours or one full bottle daily. One half (1/2) bottle is one full serving.

Just be careful out there :)
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Yeah, the bottle says half is a serving. No jitters yet or nervous energy.....definately boosted my sour mood from this morning (6 month old was up pretty much all night and by the time she went to sleep my 2 year old was up for the morning)......and yeah, the sugar in other energy drinks is ridiculous, that's why I never drink any.

i should try the diet tea.....where did you find it?

Anyway, i'm pleased with this drink so far............
  • deamarie
    Options
    I have found Turbo Tea at Rite Aid and GNC.