What to eat the day before weigh-in

Options
HI, tomorrrow is my weigh-in and im wondering what kinds of foods i shoulf be eating. I know thateating pasta the day before weigh-in is not good as your weight result the next day wouldn't be accurate. But what have you all been eating the day before?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    High fiber foods. Foods that are low-sodium.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I eat like I normally do and drink all of my water. I guess I didn't think about it. I do, however, sometimes splurge on my weigh in day--after I've weighed in. LOL
    :flowerforyou:
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just eat normally...maybe cut back a llittle more on the sodium...drink LOTS more water....Otherwise, I don't change up much..
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    I eat normal. That way the scale represents my actual loss or gain and there's no surprises the following week!
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    I try to eat fruit, ie watermelon, and low carb stuff. Also low salt. Try to make sure your body is moving stuff out too.Lol
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone else...I eat as I normally would. Good luck!!! :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Eat the same as usual, if you lost you lost, if you didn't you didn't....
  • tina2222
    Options
    Thanks guys! you have been a great help! The fruit thing sounds good lol
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, lower the sodium & Eat Clean!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Watermelon! Helps with water retention and bloating. Pregnant women swear by it.
  • tina2222
    Options
    Watermelon! Helps with water retention and bloating. Pregnant women swear by it.

i know! lol when i was pregnant i craved it constantly - the best food ever as its mostly water. great advice :)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    No starch, low cardium and drink of lots of water and
    stay in the sauna (hehehehe)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Eat the same as usual, if you lost you lost, if you didn't you didn't....

This
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    im bad, i eat less than i normally would lol. and drink lots water to flush me through lol x
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Eat the same as usual, if you lost you lost, if you didn't you didn't..

This^^
    The only person you cheat is yourself by changing what you eat for a weigh in.
  • Olisellana
    Olisellana Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree, I find it that when I don't cheat the day before the weigh in and I see the scale don't move I am the type of person that gets motivated to finding the solution and trying harder next time. Some people find it disappointing and give up. The fact is that if your going to eat one way the day before you weigh-in just to tip the scale to a loss your just going to gain it back when you start eating the way again. I personally belive that if you lost the weight then you lost it. Just make sure when you weigh in you do it first thing when you wake up, after you use the restroom. Prefuably with no clothing on. This way it is the same everytime and you have a better know if you are losing or gaining without the excess "water weight" since your body fast for the 8 hours you were sleeping or however long you were catching the z's
  • CraftyPayne
    CraftyPayne Posts: 41
    Options
    I eat what I would normally , loss or no loss !!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I would just eat as normal. Gaming the scale isn't going to make me slimmer.
  • sacredg
    sacredg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If your following a healthy diet and excercising then the scales should represent this over time. However there some tricks to get rid of 'waste' and 'water' to get a truer picture on the scales on your weigh day. I got this from a boxers forum. I am not an expert and do not recommend the following! wink wink

The day before:-
    Reduce water intake (increase your water intake for 6 days before)
    reduce salt intake
    increase bowel movements
    Get a massage
    Hot bath and/ Sauna
    any workout that makes you sweat sweat sweat

3487437.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Eat normal. Why ARTIFICIALLY enhance your weight loss by not eating what you regularly do?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition