Hello, I am new!

Options
Hello!

My name is Jen and I am 31 years old. I have two children, a 3.5 year old and 16 month old. I am currently 155lbs trying to get down to 140. I have been a workout nut for many years but also a junk food and sugar lover addict as well. I have had a bad relationship with food since my teens. I am an emotional eater and have struggled with bulimia as well. My self image is very poor, which causes the emotional eating thing...it is a vicious cycle! My goal is to improve my self esteem first and lose weight second. I believe that if I improve my self image then the rest will fall into place. I also want my kids to grow up with a healthy self image but they can't unless their mommy has one too.

I love this site, it seems to be one of the best free weight loss sites that I've seen! I can't wait to get to know you guys! Good luck on your journey!

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place! You'll learn a lot just by being honest with the food diary. This is a great place with supportive and knowledgeable people, so take advantage of it! We're glad you're here.
  • Helen43
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • smiley61
    Options
    Welcome! Get movin and count your calories it helps!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    welcome jentx30. i agree with everyone here you will love this site it truly does help. you just have to be honest with the food diary and yourself. You will be amazed at how many calories are in some foods, but anyway it is nice to meet you and enjoy!:love:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:happy: