Weigh in

Options
How often should I weigh myself?? I find myself weighing in every morning is that too much???

Replies

• acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning but only record it once a week x
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    i weigh every morning for my own benefit, but i only weigh IN once a week because of fluxuations. i think weigh yourself as often as you want to, but only put it in here once or twice a week maybe? that way if you gain weight from fluxuations or TOM you dont have to put in that you gained weight!!!
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yes every morning is too much, i would suggest oncw a week or once a fortnight. If you keep weighing yourself every day your going to get addicted to the scales and then when they dont move you will be unhappy xx
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Should weigh like once a week. I try to weigh every 2 weeks. Remember your weight varies by 2# daily.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Once a week first thing in the morning. I normally do Fridays. I used to do everyday and would get discouraged when the scale didn't move after a couple days. Once a week keeps me more sane.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You'll need to find what works for you. I'm in the every day camp, because I know from experience that if I start avoiding the scale I will be in trouble. I need to see the number. For me it's accountability, not addiction.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I weigh every morning but I seriously need to stop it..I think it hurts my weig loss....I need some one to take my three scales away from me :blushing:
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning after taking a wee and preferably nude (every bit helps!) - otherwise if your weight fluctuates because of water etc you might feel discouraged....
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and record losses daily - if there is any. If I gain I don't log it, unless I've still gained in a week or so...if that makes sense lol!
  • jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday, because I'm curious, slightly obsessed (LOL) and it helps me learn patterns my body follow. I know if I eat late or heavy, it will show, also a few days before my "girl week" I go up and the few days following I drop like 5-6. It's interesting to see the changes.
  • kevin0313
    kevin0313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in once a week - same day, same time, same everything. That has worked well but, I have been tossing the idea around of measuring twice a week. I seem to do well during the week but the wagon tips a little over the weekends. I'm hoping that I can see improvements on the scale that I feel during the week and that will motivate me a little more through the weekend...

I feel daily is a little excessive, as other have said, and might be a frustrating...
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It depends on you. Are you going to get discouraged because of a 2-3lb weight gain? (Note: thats a normal fluctuation)
    -If so, then stop weighing yourself as much.
    -If not, then continue to do it how you like.

I weigh myself every other day or so. I saw an overall gain of 2 lbs, which lead me to my food log, noticed that Clif Bars have 22g of sugar in each bar (was eating 1 for breakfast, 1 post work-out) and have since cut that in half (just post workout) which has helped a lot.

Weighing in is a tool, use it how you can best utilize it.
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    I think weighing yourself daily can be beneficial as a tool to see how your body reacts to different things. But it is also important to not get discouraged at the daily fluctuations. I think you should choose one weigh in day where you record your weight on MFP and just use the other days for reference. And if you start getting frustrated with daily weighing, then give yourself a break from it, focus on the healthy choices you're making and weigh yourself once or twice a month.
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    Great responses everyone Thank you...I think once a week is best for me for right now...Yes I do get a little discouraged if I don't see it moving...I also like the fact you're weight can fluctuate I drive myself nuts if I weigh myself at night and it says I gained 2lbs...lol I will now weigh in once a week and see what happens :happy:
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    Join the no scale group. It's a great idea to stop scale addiction. :)
  • mdmomof4
    mdmomof4 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I also was weighing everyday but I need to stop it.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily as well.. but record weekly. I agree, its a n accountability thing.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is Friday, but I usually peek at least once prior.
    And yes, I weigh in the buff, first thing in the am!
    :)
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every morning just to figure out my cycles of when I would gain the most water wait, and stuff like that, but my official weigh in days are Fridays.
  • cycosomatic
    cycosomatic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log daily. If I gain or don't lose any, it just motivates me more. *shrug*